Dzeko and Negredo partnership

TGR said:
karen7 said:
Doesnt work for me and i dont know why we persist with it

I just cannot fathom why we persist with it at all.
The partnership has not worked at anytime this season.
It didn't work today.
It won't work in the future.
Time to try something else without a doubt.

We need a better plan for when sergio is out
Can't wait to get him and Alf back together again

karen7 said:
Doesnt work for me and i dont know why we persist with it

Couldn't agree more. Will cost us dearly sooner rather than later!
Unless Kun is the other partner better to play just one up front!
We got out of jail today .
Rethink needed for West Ham semi.
CTID

Barcon said:
I agree that it doesn't work (apart from Dzekos assist to Negredo for the goal), but what is the manager supposed to do, start with one striker against Blackburn?
Yes. Are you one of those that thinks playing 1 up front is defensive?

Why have we landed in a position where if one good striker is injured we fall short ?

Dzecko and anybody is bobbins !

Tricky_Trev said:
Barcon said:
I agree that it doesn't work (apart from Dzekos assist to Negredo for the goal), but what is the manager supposed to do, start with one striker against Blackburn?

This seems to be Pellegrini's logic, you have to play 2 up front to be attacking.

The best attacking team I've ever seen (Barca from a couple of years ago) essentially played none up front. Same as Bayern did to us this season at the Etihad, and they're the best team I've ever seen in the flesh.

It's even more confusing that we played one up front away at Bayern, won, scored 3, yet Pellegrini refuses to play that way against lesser teams.

If we can outplay the best team in Europe away playing that system, why does he feel the need to go back to the 80s and play two 6'3 number 9s when playing away in England? Horizontal learning curve.

Barcon said:

Yes. 99% of the top teams in the world play with 1 striker and do just fine. AGuero and Negredo makes sense. They play well together and Aguero creates scoring chances, Dzeko doesn't. So we are short a creative player to start, then you add Boyatta, Clichy and Garcia into the mix and more than half the squad is incapable of creating anything going forward. If scoring goals was all about playing multiple strikers then everyone would play 2 or even 3.

Shaelumstash said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Barcon said:

This seems to be Pellegrini's logic, you have to play 2 up front to be attacking.

The best attacking team I've ever seen (Barca from a couple of years ago) essentially played none up front. Same as Bayern did to us this season at the Etihad, and they're the best team I've ever seen in the flesh.

It's even more confusing that we played one up front away at Bayern, won, scored 3, yet Pellegrini refuses to play that way against lesser teams.

If we can outplay the best team in Europe away playing that system, why does he feel the need to go back to the 80s and play two 6'3 number 9s when playing away in England? Horizontal learning curve.
This^^
It really bothers me too. Every time you hear him say ''best team plays the same home and away" Stubborn and arrogant .
To build that mentality and stamp on that attitude it takes time .This is a new team for him and for the players.
We have quality players like Yaya,Nasri and Silva who can play behind the striker .

K-Bo said:
Dont think Dzeko is the best partner for anyone tbh, very selfish player. know he got the assist today, but pretty sure that was an attempt at goal. But yeah these two want the same balls and the same spaces, get in each others way, one or the other. Played together 4/5 times now, every game they've been poor together.

In the last two games the Beadt and Dzeko have been trying too hard to set each other up rather than having more pops at goal. When Dzeko hit a few we had the good rebound chance for Negredo.

As others have said, injuries have prevented MP partnering the Beast and Dzeko with Kun lately (and Jovetic
More or less all season).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.