Dzeko and Negredo partnership

What doesn't work is Clichy and Boyata at the same time.

Aguero and Suarez would have struggled today in that system with those full backs.

K-Bo said:
Dont think Dzeko is the best partner for anyone tbh, very selfish player. know he got the assist today, but pretty sure that was an attempt at goal. But yeah these two want the same balls and the same spaces, get in each others way, one or the other. Played together 4/5 times now, every game they've been poor together.

Today's game he was anything but selfish. Apart from the goal he was looking to play the best pass and shot we he had a good shot but was nowhere near selfish to the point Negredo tried to pay him back like Milner tried against Munich.

blueinsa said:
What doesn't work is Clichy and Boyata at the same time.

Aguero and Suarez would have struggled today in that system with those full backs.

Clichy and Boyota are average that's why. Clichy just doesn't know what to do when he goes past the half way and boyota is fucking useless. Worse player in the squad. Have we got no decent EDS players? Surely they could have done a better job than him.

Not criticizing them individually but they are too similar with not enough guile and cleverness in these 2 players for them to effectively work as a partnership. The only way I could conceive this working is by getting crosses into them. With Boyata, Clichy, Silva this was never going to happen.

TonyBookEnd said:
Not criticizing them individually but they are too similar with not enough guile and cleverness in these 2 players for them to effectively work as a partnership. The only way I could conceive this working is by getting crosses into them. With Boyata, Clichy, Silva this was never going to happen.

I agree. If you are playing them both, you have to play at least one of Navas or Kolarov as they are the two best crossers of the ball at the club.

Even so, we look far better when we just have one of them up front. I understand Pelle wants to score lots of goals, but it's too simplistic to think 2 up front guarantees more goals than one.

The team needs balance and shape, and playing two number 9's up front doesn't suit our game at all.

Dzeko's style of play doesn't suit us . He is great at marking the defender marking him , absolutely bobbins at holding the ball up , causing our attackers to get turned like Yaya at Swansea . He has the ability to drag down whoever plays with him like The Beast today. (I hope Lionel wasn't watching) . In the games he has started this season I bet one of the back 4 or the keeper have been mom . The ball just keeps coming back due to his lack of control and hold up play . For me he's a sub at best . What does the forum think ?

These two can never work together and I dont think they ever will,but id just like pellers to give navas a go as a second striker along side anyone of them just to c how it goes,he got good pace,can outrun an opponent easily ,can dribble and a decent strike,if not in league but in a cup game it could b tried

It's bang average.

They don't have any understanding of each other at all. There's no interchange play between them, there's no runs to create space for each other, they don't pass to each other, when there's a long ball the other doesn't run ahead for the flick on... Really drives home and makes you appreciate just how good Agüero is.

It's not working and Pellegrini should sack it off immediately. The thing is, he's played it a lot.

We're at our worst with those two and García on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.