Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

the--dud said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Problem is - he's a 'big unit' who needs a supply line i.e. wingers who can cross a ball. AJ is left footed but is played on the right, Milner's not quick enough and SWP never has been able to cross a ball. How can we judge Dzeko - he's suffering for the same reason RSC and Ade did - zip service.
The Manager is to blame. His solution is to try overlapping full backs. Only trouble is - the only one who can cross a ball is Zabaleta - who is too slow bless him!
Its a mess of the Manager's own doing.
Balotelli isnt a winger, yet he's played there. Tevez & Silva do exactly the same job; cruising aimlessly across the opposition back four hoping for inspiration and occasionally getting a slip up in defences who are not top six sides.
We should have bought Luiz or at least another CB. AND bellamy should never have been allowed to go...................................

This "Balotelli isn't a winger" has become some sort of idiotic mythical bluemoon mantra. People who's never watched him play before he joined us loves to propagate this.
Balotelli is an inside winger, almost all his games for Inter he played as an inside winger.
Balotelli is comparable to Alexis Sanchez, Messi(shock!) and C. Ronaldo(shock!).
Yes he can play as a central striker but this isn't the position he's spent all his career playing...

i'm sorry but you are wrong mate. balo has never been a winger , he is and always has been an all round STRIKER , never a winger.

all his problem with mourinho came from this problem where mourinho want play him as winger and balo wont/cant.

Mancio said:
the--dud said:
This "Balotelli isn't a winger" has become some sort of idiotic mythical bluemoon mantra. People who's never watched him play before he joined us loves to propagate this.
Balotelli is an inside winger, almost all his games for Inter he played as an inside winger.
Balotelli is comparable to Alexis Sanchez, Messi(shock!) and C. Ronaldo(shock!).
Yes he can play as a central striker but this isn't the position he's spent all his career playing...

i'm sorry but you are wrong mate. balo has never been a winger , he is and always has been an all round STRIKER , never a winger.

all his problem with mourinho came from this problem where mourinho want play him as winger and balo wont/cant.

I don't think he is wrong mate, but then again...

There is a difference between a winger (think SWP), a striker (think Dzeko), and inside winger (think A. Johnson, and then also Balotelli)....difference in the style of play, and in positioning...To me Balotelli is a rich man's version of Ryan Babel rather than a pure striker...

But again - maybe you're right...

EaglesFan said:
Mancio said:

I don't think he is wrong mate, but then again...

There is a difference between a winger (think SWP), a striker (think Dzeko), and inside winger (think A. Johnson, and then also Balotelli)....difference in the style of play, and in positioning...To me Balotelli is a rich man's version of Ryan Babel rather than a pure striker...

But again - maybe you're right...

balotelli has grown as centre-forward in Inter youngers , has played as centre forward in his first pro season and in the second too , ad there he play for Italy.
then he has pace and skills so he can attack starting froom booth the sides but this dont make him a winger

Mancio said:
the--dud said:

and that was my point - he isnt a winger........the only one we've got is AJ and the bloody manager puts him on the wrong sodding wing !

ANY1aBLUE said:
Mancio said:

and that was my point - he isnt a winger........the only one we've got is AJ and the bloody manager puts him on the wrong sodding wing !

AJ is not a classic winger , he lack pace for be a winger.

then , now the wingers are played on the opposite side from all the top team , you must accept football is changed.

Mancio said:
the--dud said:

Its like henry used to play for arsenal, although he was classed as a striker he used to pull wide left and cut in but wasnt restricted to always doing this, in short he doesnt fit into either standard srtiker or standard winger role

hilts said:
Mancio said:

Its like henry used to play for arsenal, although he was classed as a striker he used to pull wide left and cut in but wasnt restricted to always doing this, in short he doesnt fit into either standard srtiker or standard winger role

i believe balo will be an out and out centre forward , just ATM he isnt ready for play there week in week out. he lack the necessaire experience. sometime we forget he is just 20 years old.

The problem a lot of city fans have with him is that most 20 year old players sometimes have too much enthusiasm as oppossed to too little, theres nothing more annoying than someone being born with a talent that the rest of us would die for not using it. The complex kid with a harsh upbringing only gets you so much time in this world nowadays, fingers crossed it works out for him and ultimately us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.