Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

the_one said:
gooney said:
its not all about stats, and rvp has not been a starter for arsenal 7 years, he came as a youngster and understudy to henry and bergkamp. He was a nr 10 and not a striker when he came to us as well. Thirdly I have watched Dzeko enough to know he's not better than van persie and I dont think a single non city fans would agree with that

buddy, check number 13 on this list ( <a class="postlink" href="http://www.world-track.org/sportsnews/2009/11/30/full-ballon-dor-2009-award-list-and-points-received/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.world-track.org/sportsnews/2 ... -received/</a> ) and the company he is in, and Dzeko is 24, Van Persie is 27, nough said

Jesus! Look at the players around him in that list! And to think some supposed City fans are slating him after 10 appearances! What a bunch of thickle spoilt brats!

THFC6061 said:
I'm sure Dzeko will become a very good player for City in time.

But he's not shown too much in the time he's been in England so far.
Some foreign players take to the Premier League like a duck to water - Rafael van der Vaaet being a great example - but with others it takes a little time for them to get up to speed.

What really strikes me is where statements such as the one above are coming from??

Based on what has Dzeko been so poor so far? He has what - 4 goals and 2 assists in how many minutes of playing time? I believe he is responsible for a goal (scored or assisted) in every two games he played in so far (counting even ones he didnt start in). Is that really THAT BAD? Please, someone help me out here!!

FFS it's like for some people forward is ok or good only if he averages 2 goals a game. Give me a fucking break. The kid has been pretty damn decent for someone transfered in January based on stats alone, just wtf do people want?

I'm not even going into discussion on, god forbid, OTHER aspects of a footbal game (other than scoring), and how well Edin did so far in those departments...how much space he creates, how many fenomenal through balls and touch-passess to teammates he has per game, etc., etc...Last game everyone sees Mario score, noone sees that Edin won a duel (and possession) immediately leading to Mario score (look again)...and on, and on...nah - he simply sucks.

EaglesFan said:
THFC6061 said:
I'm sure Dzeko will become a very good player for City in time.

But he's not shown too much in the time he's been in England so far.
Some foreign players take to the Premier League like a duck to water - Rafael van der Vaaet being a great example - but with others it takes a little time for them to get up to speed.

What really strikes me is where statements such as the one above are coming from??

Based on what has Dzeko been so poor so far? He has what - 4 goals and 2 assists in how many minutes of playing time? I believe he is responsible for a goal (scored or assisted) in every two games he played in so far (counting even ones he didnt start in). Is that really THAT BAD? Please, someone help me out here!!

FFS it's like for some people forward is ok or good only if he averages 2 goals a game. Give me a fucking break. The kid has been pretty damn decent for someone transfered in January based on stats alone, just wtf do people want?

I'm not even going into discussion on, god forbid, OTHER aspects of a footbal game (other than scoring), and how well Edin did so far in those departments...how much space he creates, how many fenomenal through balls and touch-passess to teammates he has per game, etc., etc...Last game everyone sees Mario score, noone sees that Edin won a duel (and possession) immediately leading to Mario score (look again)...and on, and on...nah - he simply sucks.

Look mate, don't take it so personally. He's been decent so far, but hasn't set the World on fire, YET. He might, he might not. Some fantastic players have come to England and flopped - Shevchenko, for one.

Those saying he's awful, useless, rubbish etc are clueless knee-jerkers pissed off about a poor run of form.

What's for certain is they are more entitled to their opinion on Manchester City Football Club and its players than the johnny-come-lately 'Dzeko' fans.

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
EaglesFan said:

Look mate, don't take it so personally. He's been decent so far, but hasn't set the World on fire, YET. He might, he might not. Some fantastic players have come to England and flopped - Shevchenko, for one.

Those saying he's awful, useless, rubbish etc are clueless knee-jerkers pissed off about a poor run of form.

What's for certain is they are more entitled to their opinion on Manchester City Football Club and its players than the johnny-come-lately 'Dzeko' fans.

I, as a pure Dzeko fan and because of that, now City "supporter" agree with this 100 %

at the end of the day anyone answered my original question.....

"dzeko is a more a carrol or a van persie like player" ?

i think he is a lot more a van persie like than a carrol one.

so all the tones of posts of people asking for wingers and crosses IMO has been a waste of space

Mancio said:
at the end of the day anyone answered my original question.....

"dzeko is a more a carrol or a van persie like player" ?

i think he is a lot more a van persie like than a carrol one.

so all the tones of posts of people asking for wingers and crosses IMO has been a waste of space

Not really similar to either, for me. He definitely has an aerial presence and is a fantastic header of a ball, which should be exploited.

Dzeko is still adapting to the EPl. I find it ludicrious for some of us to be slagging him so early on in his City career.

Like with Kolarov and Mario time will show us that they are quality players, that I am sure of. Im fast going off a lot of our so called support. Some of us sound like M*n U*d fans more and more by the day!

It is NOT Citys god given right to go out and destroy teams week in week out you know and as a club we have always been good at backing our players. I would like that same courtesy to be shown to Dzeko and co until they have settled in......PROPERLY!!

We are in a bad run of form at the moment but were still in the running of a champions league, a uefa cup and an FA cup. Judge the team and the players when the season is finished.

Just to add my 2 cents here (because it seems everyone else has!)

RVP is in my opinion a very special player and were it not for his plastic legs, could have been one of the worlds very top strikers. The guy has oodles of talent. But he's a bit of a Michael Owen imho, someone who will never realise his full potential because he's dogged by injury his whole career.

It's early days, but from what I have seen of Dzeko (it is too early to tell) it seems to me that he doesn't quite have the pure footballing talent of RVP. But it's close, and furthermore Dzeko seems to me to have a fantastic attitude as a person. Someone who will work and work and work to get it right until he is uber-successful. I don't know if it's in the genes of Bosnians, or down to what they have been through, but they seem to be like that.

I have ZERO doubt that Dzeko will fulfill his full potential and be talked about in the same way as Torres or Drogba, or heck even Ibra or Etoo. The guy's focus, commitment and talent make it almost inevitable in my view.

I should also add that any city "fan" criticising Dzeko after what 10 games, (a) should be ashamed of themselves and (b) is stark raving bonkers.

gooney said:
Its simply down to the manager. Everyone knows Dzekos strength and the manager has to make sure the team uses his strength. Its like playing Tevez upfront and feed him long balls, he will look out of it as well. But surely when Mancini wanted to bring in Dzeko he has watched him enough times for Wolfsburg to realise what made him the force he was over there?

Problem is - he's a 'big unit' who needs a supply line i.e. wingers who can cross a ball. AJ is left footed but is played on the right, Milner's not quick enough and SWP never has been able to cross a ball. How can we judge Dzeko - he's suffering for the same reason RSC and Ade did - zip service.
The Manager is to blame. His solution is to try overlapping full backs. Only trouble is - the only one who can cross a ball is Zabaleta - who is too slow bless him!
Its a mess of the Manager's own doing.
Balotelli isnt a winger, yet he's played there. Tevez & Silva do exactly the same job; cruising aimlessly across the opposition back four hoping for inspiration and occasionally getting a slip up in defences who are not top six sides.
We should have bought Luiz or at least another CB. AND bellamy should never have been allowed to go...................................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.