Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

Dzeko Needs Crosses into the box thats Where hes at his best, We need to Play with 2 Wingers to get the best out of Dzeko,

Dzeko Would Thrive at Spurs with Lennon and Bale whipping crosses into the box.

JasminBosnia said:
svennis pennis said:
11 appearances = 4 Goals. Not one in two at all and the level of opposition he scored those 4 cannot be discounted. They were piss poor.

7 Prem games = No goals.

Simon is correct, he needs to start performing at a much higher level so it takes the burden off Tevez and Balo. When he does we will be frightening.

Thanks to his goal vs County team is playing vs Reading, right?
Thanks to his two goals team is playing Kiev tonight, right?
7 Prem games? How many games he started, and did he get service in those 7 Prem games? Didn't he score vs rags through Silva back :-)? How many times he got pass from wide, Kolarov Micah SWP Tevez etc. ?

I know I will not get any reasonable answer on my questions from you, but you gotta point, Huh?

Yes, another fan from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Dzeko has underperformed, no doubt about it. People use the new league excuse, and it is true, but look at Balotelli, and he is a lot younger.

You aren't doing a great service to Dzeko there btw, i hope he wouldn't want to base his success, or judge his performance on how he does against the defences of Notts County and Aris.

JasminBosnia said:
svennis pennis said:
11 appearances = 4 Goals. Not one in two at all and the level of opposition he scored those 4 cannot be discounted. They were piss poor.

7 Prem games = No goals.
Simon is correct, he needs to start performing at a much higher level so it takes the burden off Tevez and Balo. When he does we will be frightening.

7 Prem games? How many games he started, and did he get service in those 7 Prem games? Didn't he score vs rags through Silva back :-)? How many times he got pass from wide, Kolarov Micah SWP Tevez etc. ?

I know I will not get any reasonable answer on my questions from you, but you gotta point, Huh?

Please stop saying 7 Prem games.

Just stop.

Last two Prem games = 5 minutes of playing time.

He started only about 3 or so. All combined - no more than 4 full Prem games, IF THAT.

So please just stop the nonsense.

In order to score, he needs to PLAY. Simple as that.

km09 said:
Dzeko Needs Crosses into the box thats Where hes at his best, We need to Play with 2 Wingers to get the best out of Dzeko,

We hope....no1 knows this; he wouldn't be the first player to come to a new league and not be able to hack it. I hope he comes good, my main fear is that he is just too slow and awkward to be a great premier league player.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:09 pm --<br /><br />
EaglesFan said:
JasminBosnia said:

Just stop.

He started only about 3 or so. All combined - no more than 4 full Prem games, IF THAT.

He may need to wait till next season then, as other than one game against Aris he has hardly set any competition alight, not just the prem. Unfortunately for him, we needed him to hit the ground running, pretty much like Balotelli did- he gets goals, no doubt about it. Dzeko looks like he will take longer to bed in than any of our other players. He will get that time, and hopefully come good, but he has hasn't been great so far.

dancity19 said:
km09 said:

We hope....no1 knows this; he wouldn't be the first player to come to a new league and not be able to hack it. I hope he comes good, my main fear is that he is just too slow and awkward to be a great premier league player.[/quote]

I think the whole adjustment thing is blown out of proportion. Mancini needs to play him, and he will produce.

It is not HIS fault that MC has three world-class strikers, two of which have enourmous egos and would not sit on the bench. In current situation his abilities have nothing to do with his place at the club.

As far as the statement in bold - you will eat your words one way or around. It's just a matter whether he does it with City (I hope) or some other club in PL.

City aint playing as Team constant Football, you cant expect from Dzeko something whats not possiable.

You have to training the Connections and learn how other Players walk, and many other Stufff which takes time.

Thats why the only think for you can critic Dzeko is hes movement.

He didnt have 20 Chances to score 10 fucking Goals.

I would rate Dzeko at all, if i must i would say its "good". He was the best Playern on Pitch against Volves, he contributed the Goal at Old Trafford, and in some other Games was dangerous with ever Touch. If he get an better Service (like Micahs or Barrys crosses) then its more possiable, but only of his Class, not becouse he has trained with a Team or played allready 8 Months, like Balloteli did.

EaglesFan said:

We hope....no1 knows this; he wouldn't be the first player to come to a new league and not be able to hack it. I hope he comes good, my main fear is that he is just too slow and awkward to be a great premier league player.[/quote]

I think the whole adjustment thing is blown out of proportion. Mancini needs to play him, and he will produce.

It is not HIS fault that MC has three world-class strikers, two of which have enourmous egos and would not sit on the bench. In current situation his abilities have nothing to do with his place at the club.

As far as the statement in bold - you will eat your words one way or around. It's just a matter whether he does it with City (I hope) or some other club in PL.

Mate, I think it's blown out of proportion aswell, my opinion is that if a player is that good, they should be able to find form pretty quickly, not immediately, but fairly quickly. I was just using it as an excuse for him. Eat my words, i merely said my main fear, I didn't say he WILL be too slow, I just said it is a fear, it could happen. Pace and Mobility is so important in the premier league.

dancity19 said:
km09 said:

We hope....no1 knows this; he wouldn't be the first player to come to a new league and not be able to hack it. I hope he comes good, my main fear is that he is just too slow and awkward to be a great premier league player.

-- Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:09 pm --

EaglesFan said:

Just stop.

He may need to wait till next season then, as other than one game against Aris he has hardly set any competition alight, not just the prem. Unfortunately for him, we needed him to hit the ground running, pretty much like Balotelli did- he gets goals, no doubt about it. Dzeko looks like he will take longer to bed in than any of our other players. He will get that time, and hopefully come good, but he has hasn't been great so far.

See, this is where we disagree (but that's alright) - from what I have seen, whenever he played he played at a pretty high level (except for maybe one game where he stank it up, I cannot remember which one exactly)..

I just don't see how is he performing any worse than say...Mario, if you go minute by minute of playing time? Please tell me, cause in games where he did not score he created for others.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 pm --<br /><br />
dancity19 said:
EaglesFan said:

Mate, I think it's blown out of proportion aswell, my opinion is that if a player is that good, they should be able to find form pretty quickly, not immediately, but fairly quickly. I was just using it as an excuse for him. Eat my words, i merely said my main fear, I didn't say he WILL be too slow, I just said it is a fear, it could happen. Pace and Mobility is so important in the premier league.

I respect your opinion. I really do. And I 100% agree that pace and mobility are important in PL...not that Dzeko is the quickest of them birds :-), but I think he is sufficient in those areas though...I think his awkward appearance is misleading, he actually has decent pace for a forward.

What he DOES lack is a bit more of: a) strength, b) stamina, with second being more evident in my opinion. Both can be fixed though.

EaglesFan said:
dancity19 said:
We hope....no1 knows this; he wouldn't be the first player to come to a new league and not be able to hack it. I hope he comes good, my main fear is that he is just too slow and awkward to be a great premier league player.

-- Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:09 pm --

See, this is where we disagree (but that's alright) - from what I have seen, whenever he played he played at a pretty high level (except for maybe one game where he stank it up, I cannot remember which one exactly)..

I just don't see how is he performing any worse than say...Mario, if you go minute by minute of playing time? Please tell me, cause in games where he did not score he created for others.

Ultimately, a striker is there to score goals. To make assists too, but to score goals. Dzeko has looked OK...really good on his debut, but seems to have gone downhill slightly. The difference is, Balotelli has the aura about him, rightly or wrongly that he could make something happen and get a goal out of nowhere- his goals pretty much back this up. I think he has scored something like 9 goals in his last 13 appearances?? Tevez has the same. Dzeko doesn't have that yet- added to that he does look slow and awkward, I don't think this can be denied.

JasminBosnia said:
svennis pennis said:

7 Prem games = No goals.

You have one post so you have no idea about how reasonable my posts have been in this thread.

I am not denying he has scored important goals in the cups. His second against Aris was a great goal. He has underperformed. I'm not basing my opinion on the fact he is my countries superstar or what he has done in other foreign leagues. I'm basing it on what I have seen from him in both league and cups in a City shirt.

I want him to succeed because he is hampering us through no fault of his own at present. I am seriously concerned we won't finish top four and we can't afford people who are struggling and at present he is in the league.

Out of interest do you still support Wolfsburg?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.