Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

tomhawley said:
sniff said:
42mins in you wouldnt even know he is on the pitch, again

Funny how people see what they want to see.

He has won plenty in the air and distributed it well so far.

Maybe I include myself in my first statement

Some people just don't understand that he isn't Lionel Messi mate and it isn't acceptable not beating European level defenders man after man and then calmly lobbing one of the best keepers in football.

I think he's played well so far, not had a chance yet really mostly because our midfield completely lacks in supporting him.

inbetween said:
tomhawley said:
Funny how people see what they want to see.

He has won plenty in the air and distributed it well so far.

Maybe I include myself in my first statement

Some people just don't understand that he isn't Lionel Messi mate and it isn't acceptable not beating European level defenders man after man and then calmly lobbing one of the best keepers in football.

I think he's played well so far, not had a chance yet really mostly because our midfield completely lacks in supporting him.

Yeah because thats just what i expect, him to be like messi. Behave.

He is so slow he should be called geko,Silva obviously can only play with Tevez so no goals for us today....

For Edin Dzeko read Roque Santa Cruz. Mancini has staked his reputation on this guy who has turned out to be too weak for the Premiership so could cost him his job.

What a bunch of whining football illiterates on Dzeko's back - sweet Jesus, to have you critique him is like having Paris Hilton reviewing Shakespeare.

Feed the Elk said:
For Edin Dzeko read Roque Santa Cruz. Mancini has staked his reputation on this guy who has turned out to be too weak for the Premiership so could cost him his job.

The only Player who really could cost him his Job is Balotelli.

Tevez was not fit, Balotelli is a risk, the only who could play today was Dzeko. If you have a gameplay like City now has, none Striker can look good. Its 9 defending and the 2 upfront have to everything alone. Its a fucking farce, one of the best and talented Strikers doesnt recive Service and must do the build up. Fuck it.

Name one cross today that went remotely near his head? Shite supply to him in my opinion.
Also, no one ran beyond him, we just had that fat bastard YaYa Toure trotting up about 10 yards behind him.
We need someone who can cross if he's gonna score goals.

byronic said:
What a bunch of whining football illiterates on Dzeko's back - sweet Jesus, to have you critique him is like having Paris Hilton reviewing Shakespeare.

Because he was clearly excellent today wasnt he?

There was one thing I saw from him today that I hope we can put him in those situations more often and it was the back header. It was instinctive.

When he gets time, he is slow and indecisive. When he doesnt have time to think about it he looks dangerous. Case in point was in the two one on ones with Luiz, he was eaten for breakfast. He couldnt beat a man if his life depended on it right now. He needs snap decisions where he does it on instinct and reflex rather than intelligence. We are only getting flashes from him at the moment and it is not good enough i'm afraid. That is not to say others arent pulling their weight as well, but this is a thread about Dzeko and not the rest.

He was not excellent today - but neither was he as bad as you say. He did a couple of impressive things in the first half - in the second he fell with the team. To me it is clear he is off his form, he is not confident, and he is not doing the right moves - but blaming him so much is hysterical and ungrounded. For him to play in this setup with zero creativity and no open chances is just frustrating and sad.

Petemeister said:
Name one cross today that went remotely near his head? Shite supply to him in my opinion.
Also, no one ran beyond him, we just had that fat bastard YaYa Toure trotting up about 10 yards behind him.
We need someone who can cross if he's gonna score goals.
At least you understand football. With the right players around him this guy would be top class. No matter how much weve spent, sadly we dont have them players. Thats just me being an honest city fan. De jong, yaya and Baz are all good players but when they play together the creativity is painful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.