Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

Freestyler said:
1. won 98% of the balls given to him in the air, he won the header no one there, is that his fault?

2. held the ball up well, turned defenders so many times with a good first touch.

3. always wanted the ball, carried the ball, made space for others.

4. he gave it away 3-4 times, not on his own is he?

5. NEVER ONCE HAD ANY SUPPORT FROM MIDFIELD AS A LONE PLAYER

6. NEVER ONCE GOT SUPPLIED WITH A DECENT BALL FROM MIDFIELD

7. NEVER ONCE GOT ANY SUPPORT WHEN HE HAD THE BALL

8. NEVER ONCE RECIEVED A CROSS FROM OPEN PLAY ALL GAME

9. HAD ONLY ONCE CHANCE ALL GAME TO RUN AT THE DEFENCE

10. YOU DON'T SUPPLY YOUR STRIKER, HE WON'T SCORE

11. Once again today we were crying out for another attacking midfielder

This.
Nice to see somebody put a nanogram of sense and analysis in a post instead of grumpy ignoramia.

smithy167 said:
svennis pennis said:
Because he was clearly excellent today wasnt he?

There was one thing I saw from him today that I hope we can put him in those situations more often and it was the back header. It was instinctive.

When he gets time, he is slow and indecisive. When he doesnt have time to think about it he looks dangerous. Case in point was in the two one on ones with Luiz, he was eaten for breakfast. He couldnt beat a man if his life depended on it right now. He needs snap decisions where he does it on instinct and reflex rather than intelligence. We are only getting flashes from him at the moment and it is not good enough i'm afraid. That is not to say others arent pulling their weight as well, but this is a thread about Dzeko and not the rest.
Did you expect him to instantly adapt to a new league in a new country?

Luis Suarez?

David Luiz?

Javier Hernandes?

He wasnt great again today but if he does thrive off crosses like so many say then surely its now up to Mancini to gamble.

I doubt he will though so expect to see him back on the bench next game

Looks like he could be good, but just doesn't fit into our system.

If it's him or Tevez and Silva, it has to be Tevez and Silva everytime.

Simple as that really.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He wasnt great again today but if he does thrive off crosses like so many say then surely its now up to Mancini to gamble.

I doubt he will though so expect to see him back on the bench next game

Trouble is Mancini is trying to enforce a particular system on the players rather than playing to their strengths. Tippy tapy through the middle with limited supply from the FB's aint gonna help Edin much.

Gentlemen, I thenk we need to look at big picture and stop blaming players, Dzeko included, and the big picture is this:

You have to play TO WIN. Every game.

You cannot win by playing NOT TO LOSE.

There is big difference between the two, and Mancini opts out for later which ultimately almost always cots us games.

NO FORWARD will shine in a team that quite literally plays with only TWO offensive-minded players. Every game.

You will honestly tell me that Tevez would do fuck all tonight? NO. He didn't do shit last 10 games either....see a pattern?

Current set up and tactics of this team will make ANY forward dissapear. That's all i got to say. Leave Dzeko alone.

For the Record:

He needs to win every Ball.

He needs to defend.

He needs to driblle 2 or 3.

He needs to cross to himself in the Box.

He needs to be in the Box when his crosses are comming.

No Problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.