Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

Blue Elmo said:
I am sick to death of people slaging off players who have only just arrived all the time . First their was Mario who everyone criticised for his attitude and his lack of trying , this was after one premier league game after a month out having never played before , bar 30 mins in the europa league . People also had concerns about Silva , he is too lightweight etc. Now he is the best player on our team in my opinion , this was after he was given TIME . Dzeko is a quality player and has been unlucky in the games he has played , but he needs time to adjust to the league . Everyone expects it from him within 1 game and if he doesn't score or has one bad touch he gets non stop abuse. He needs time to play with the team and time to adjust to the league , if he had been here a year , fair enough and his form hadn't changed then you can slag him off . But this is a player who has just moved here and needs game time. The thing that starts it all off is one person with one bad thread , then everyone jumps on the band wagon . We obviously have not figured out the best system in which to include Dzeko yet as we have not yet seen his best form , but once we do and he is in a balanced system that isn't so heavily rotated all the time and he still doesn't play well then people can judge him properly . You can not base a judgement on 7 games of which only a handful are starts and the rest are appearances for 20 mins or so. If he scores twice this weekend , people will be praising him again then he will have one off day and he becomes the scapegoat once more . Let him play his football and see how he is playing in a years time then you can make a fair proper judgement .

Well said that man. . nice to have a bit of well reasoned common sense here on BlueMoan for a change - rather than the more usual angst ridden tearful bleating from those who are disappointed by the wide of the mark inaccuracy of their own over-hyped expectations.
It's a new squad with a new manager playing new system and 4th place in the PL is all we can realistically expect (and we're on track for that). Anything more is a bonus this season but next season . . once Mancini has had time to blend the guys in . . we'll be phenomenal.
Good if folk can be all grown up about it and keep a more adult and more positive outlook in the interim.

No17 said:
balkanno said:
No17 how about to ignore him? stop qouting the idiot, he isnt here to discuss, he just want to talk like he do with hes parents.

I'm not having a discussion with him...I'm just trying to figure out why is he such a f****** wanker...

behave.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:00 pm --<br /><br />
balkanno said:
No17 said:
I'm not having a discussion with him...I'm just trying to figure out why is he such a f****** wanker...

I guess, his Parents related to poor social upbringing.

wtf? pack this in.

svennis pennis said:
balkanno said:

Sorry. If I say Edin is the bestest ever player to pull on the blue shirt will my parents be forgiven for my poor social upbringing?

Here we go.

OMG EDIN! you are the bestest ever! Woooooo. Go away Tevez, stop hogging all the goals you Dzeko bullier. As for you Silva, stop playing the ball into his feet, Edin doesn't like it and I don't like you. Leave in the summer you tyrant.

edin the best but .....depeneds on man city coach.

svennis pennis said:
balkanno said:

Sorry. If I say Edin is the bestest ever player to pull on the blue shirt will my parents be forgiven for my poor social upbringing?

Here we go.

OMG EDIN! you are the bestest ever! Woooooo. Go away Tevez, stop hogging all the goals you Dzeko bullier. As for you Silva, stop playing the ball into his feet, Edin doesn't like it and I don't like you. Leave in the summer you tyrant.

Mmmmm I remember some sage Bluemoon poster quoting that Tevez was just an expensive Paul Dickov !!

Not that I have anything specifically against you but I hope you end up looking equally as foolish, It's a brave man that states that a striker with Dzeko's scoring record could even remotely be labelled as bad as you are making out.

Personally he is taking time to settle in a new league (which is understandable), Mancini hasn't found the best system but I have no doubt the lad is quality. Undoubtedly he hasn't had the best service in most games but on the few occasions he has had balls in the box he has been on the end of them scored and threatened the goal on each occasion.

You only need to look at his finish against Notts and the two efforts he had the header and the long range shot against Aris to tell that he has an eye for goal. I have no doubt that the goals will come.

In the right games and to keep the squad fresh I can absolutely see games where we might want to rest Tevez and let Dzeko spearhead the attack.

You are exactly like the blues on our bus after Sunderland that stated categorically that Silva was too lightweight for the premiership !! I stated that if a regular Spanish international is not good enough for us then there really is no hope. Fortunately Silva has proved his worth and I have no doubt Edin will do likewise.

Dzeko

Thankfully Mancini is the one in charge of getting the best out of Dzeko. Opinions on this forum count for shit. Supporting our players and manager etc. Would be nice though

matt_MCFC said:
Thankfully Mancini is the one in charge of getting the best out of Dzeko. Opinions on this forum count for shit. Supporting our players and manager etc. Would be nice though
He'll do well if he gets the service.

We need a player like him in the squad. but much of our game is based around Silva and Tevez so we need some variation in our game.

We might need to change our style of play to get the most out of him.

Sometimes at home teams can park the bus and we struggle to break them down. Potentially Dzeko could give us another option, but only if we can give him the service he needs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.