Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

Terrific performance today from a great player.I can't believe the nonsense that has been written about him on here in recent weeks.
He's hardworking,industrious,skillful,holds the ball up,links play with good vision and is fantastic in the air.
The sooner we start playing to his strengths the better still.

Glad he got a goal. Wouldn't even have said he needed that goal for confidence before the game kicked off. He looks good to me. Good with his feet, looks up when he had the ball, makes great runs into the box... proper forward.

I'm sure he'll improve as he beds in but please do not embarrass yourself by pretending that his touch has not been poor - even woeful at times - when it is an objective fact that it has been just that.

dear oh dear...am i wrong to expect more from a fellow pseudo intellectual?

Benarbia said:
His best 2 games have been against Notts County, promising indeed :/
You can only play against what's put in front of you.Ask the 7 million pound bebe.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
ElanJo said:
Don't expect a Messi but do expect someone who can control a ball. So far his close control has generally been worse than Milner's on a bad day.

Take a look at how he set up Tevez's goal and then go and buy a pair of glasses.

Either your comprehension skills are shite or you're the one who needs glasses.

He's not had the best start to his City career but it's understandable as he hadn't played for a month when he joined us, I'd have been amazed if he'd have gone straight into the team and started banging them in for fun. It's pretty obvious Mancini realises he needs game time too as he plays him as often as he thinks he can. I like most of what I've seen, his first touch is temperamental, sometimes it's excellent, particularly when bringing goal kicks down on his chest, other times he gets the ball passed to him from 10 yards and it bounces two yards off his foot. That said he's getting used to English football and has started to fight back against the centre backs and is winning more headers. I've been particularly impressed with his passing; he set Tevez up today and he set two chances up for Shauny on Tuesday. The miss at the end was worrying, he'd done all the hard work; making the run, getting on the end of the ball and feigning the shot to put the goal-keeper on his arse and could have just clipped it over him but it was a shot from a striker lacking confidence.

I'm not expecting him to be a world beater just yet, next season will be when we see the real Dzeko.

The single best touch of the game was Dzeko's assist for Tevez. You are hopeless.
Still, he will improve.

Chick Counterfly said:
I'm sure he'll improve as he beds in but please do not embarrass yourself by pretending that his touch has not been poor - even woeful at times - when it is an objective fact that it has been just that.

dear oh dear...am i wrong to expect more from a fellow pseudo intellectual?

Sit down, take the tinted glasses off and re-watch his performances.

Note just how often he miscontrols the ball, stumbles over the ball or knocks it too far infront of himself. It isn't a matter of opinion, so what exactly does that make it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.