Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

svennis pennis said:
Ricster said:
How do you think his adjustment is going from what you first saw from him to tonight? I think he has progressed immensley and i know more will come.

I thought his two finishes were excellent. His control for the first was extremely lucky but he took it really well. Second was great and what I hope to see more of that. Great finishes with both feet is hugely encouraging.

I thought overall he had a very average game though. His close control and first touch was again quite some way off the pace and his passing at times was abysmal. It shows up in our side when you have the likes of Silva hitting near enough every pass crisp and to feet. He is getting there but its going to be a slow process not a rapid over night transformation.

Im giving an honest opinion of what I saw. Some people dont like honesty. For his finishing id give him an 8. He should of buried a hatrick tonight. Overall contribution was a 6 as his passing was either excellent or shit and his control was the same. No inbetween. So a solid 7 out of 10 and a gradual improvement in his overall game.

I honestly agree with you, A to Z. (I was going to elaborate on that, but there's really no point)
here's to seeing him improve even more in the future.

Edin will score 50 goals for City as Tevez did, because he has the right mix of talent and will. Balo has more talent, but his character and attitude are difficult for a team sport.

ibruzi said:
No17 said:
Being Bosnian I'm biased towards Dzeko, but apart from goals, I have to agree with the resident slag party...he looked slow of the mark, heavy, tired...few bad passes...but so did the rest of the attacking players (I'm repeating myself) other than Silva...

And even though they get on Edin's back all the time, tonight they gave fair assessments...and you should read through their posts and not only pick the slagging part (even if it does become a habit connecting certain members of the forum to criticism)

all I saw was his best game so far. yea, they all made a few honest mistakes, but who cares? City won 3-0.

Well, he scored twice but I'm not sure if it was his best match. He had lot of tiny mistakes. I would rather pick one in Greece even if he did not scored there.

But ffs, he is striker and he scored twice, decided the bloody match, let leave him alone at least tonight.

MotownBlue said:
I guess what I tire of is the tendency that many posters have to want everyone on the squad to be everything. Then, when an individual player shows what seems to be a lack of whatever part of everything the poster desires, they slag the player off. Does that make sense?

I'll try to explain.

Yes, I see Dzeko adjusting slowly to the pace and structure (and officiating, to be fair) of the English game. However, I have also seen things like today's display. So what if he got lucky with that touch leading up to the first goal? He put the ball into the net and that's what he's supposed to do.

I also saw (and yes I know it was Notts County) him drift into the box last weekend as soon as he saw the ball laid off to Carlos, and then I saw Tevez find him with a perfectly floated cross which he buried in the net. I also saw him two-touch a perfect through ball to Tevez for his goal that game. That took vision and coordination and looked nothing like an elephant.

Dzeko is not supposed to be fluid like Silva. Ever see Crouchy run, for fuck's sake? Looks like a drunken giraffe. But that drunken giraffe rose last spring to meet the ball and buried a dagger into our collective hearts. That is, I believe, what Dzeko will do more and more for us and to others.

He is a big, lanky, poaching striker. His play is getting more and more settled. He looks happy to be here. He will score goals for us. He gives us another dimension and he gives Bobby Manc another type of weapon in our striking arsenal.

Patience, Blue Army. We're coming better and better and it is as exciting as fuck. Edin Dzeko is already a pert of it, and I am confident his part will grow.

CTID

Patience sir is what City fans have in abundance, like I said 3-4 on this thread have shown their arse and are now doing their utmost to dissect Edin's displays, truth being told if you dissected every City players performance tonight you would have the same threads through out bluemoon. Like I've said "it's fecking an embarrassment to the core City fan".

One of the best strikers in the world, already considered for the Ballon d'Or. Bags of goals at every level. Joined the club after a long winter break. 9 appearances, 4 goals, 3 or 4 assists. And still a chunk of City fans moan. Shambolic excuses for fans.

Two good goals missed a third that was arguably an easy chance and had good first half. They were fodder though and I will not be convinced until he does it against a decent team.

Petetheblu said:
You have to laugh really as Mr Benarbia is a WUM who is good at it, sadly maybe only 3-4 idiots have come on here to slag Mr DZ off. That's 3-4 out of 10,000 registered user....Amazing so few can make such a noise really!!!

Please let this stop here because its an embarrassment to every City fan.

Mr Benarbia you sir are a bad bad boy, but inside is mother knows he is a kind warm hearted boy. :)

Nicely said!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.