Dzeko Not Happy With Current Setup - Quotes

SWP's back said:
Mister Appointment said:
SWP's back said:
No, I am criticising him for saying “I am too good for the bench. If I continue to sit matches out, then anything is possible.” to the press and that , as I did when Hart said similar. I would say the same about Balotelli or Richards or Kolarov or Clichy.

There is no place for it and it puts pressure on the management.

Jeez you're a tough character! :)

I guess I try and look at these things from all points of view and not just the view of a City supporter but I fully respect that others may have no interest in seeing things from any point of view other than that of a dyed in the wool Blue.
Don't get me wrong, I want those that aren't playing to be banging of the gaffers door and saying that to him, as I am sure Mancini does. I just don't think the papers are the place to air them.

Didn't a certain Elano go to the press and complain that he was getting very little / no playing time. Look what happened to him - then again we did have a clown in chargwe at the time.

I am pleased Dzeko wants to play more, we will have enough games this season to keep all four strikers happy - would love to keep them all as opposed to bringing in RVP - He would destabilse the ship.

Apart from scoring 2 vs. Limerick - I'm reading his game was pretty sharp (surprising given the long break)...?

Anyone who watched the game?

pudge said:
peoffrey said:
pudge said:
So his 14 goals give a false impression to his performances?

Yes he played extremely poorly at times, but once again I'm merely highlighting that he is not a "shit" football player as you [CityCTID] has said, and SWP's Back must think it as well.

4 against Spurs leaves just 10 for the rest of the season. Aguero scored twice that (and more) with Tevez now looking sharp as in pre-season and a more natural strike partner for Aguero.

I do like Dzeko and he seems to be a decent Lad - but there's better at the Club and better elsewhere. He doesn't look like a Champions League winner.
And I agree!!

BUT as a football player, taking his entire career to date into consideration, he is not "shit". True?
Ofcourse he isn't shit, at Utd, he'd get 30 per season no doubt. But it's how suited he is for us. he'll still get near 20 each season but we don't play to his strengths and he isn't THAT amazing that we should change the way we play to suit him.

SWP's back said:
pudge said:
peoffrey said:
4 against Spurs leaves just 10 for the rest of the season. Aguero scored twice that (and more) with Tevez now looking sharp as in pre-season and a more natural strike partner for Aguero.

I do like Dzeko and he seems to be a decent Lad - but there's better at the Club and better elsewhere. He doesn't look like a Champions League winner.
And I agree!!

BUT as a football player, taking his entire career to date into consideration, he is not "shit". True?
Ofcourse he isn't shit, at Utd, he'd get 30 per season no doubt. But it's how suited he is for us. he'll still get near 20 each season but we don't play to his strengths and he isn't THAT amazing that we should change the way we play to suit him.
Exactly, which is what I always say.

I just took offence to the original post of a poster (not you) you said that he was "shit", because he quite clearly isn't.

If we keep him, which I really hope we do, we will have the perfect combo up front.

Aguero and Tevez, two busy strikers with bags of pace and skill

Balotelli and Dzeko, two really good hit men who can assist and finish as good as any other in the world.

We are blessed with a fantastic combination plus we have youth on our side - strikers are generally at their most prolific mid to late twenties into early thirties. RVP would disrupt this balance.

All we really need is some cover for the Centre Backs, a genuine skilfull wide player and possibly another midfield playmaker.

Just leave the strikers alone... please!!

bluethai said:
Agreed 100%, if it 'aint' broke, don't fix it!

It's not a case of it being "broke" - more Dzeko appearing to want regular first team football and us not being able to guarentee it for him.

Mister Appointment said:
SWP's back said:
EaglesFan said:
What GLORIOUS ovations he received by Wolfsburg fans on Saturday...

That's something you have to earn - oposing fans to chant your name over, and over...

That was beautiful.
Yes, City fans did the same for Dunne and SWP.

I think neither player came close to getting the ovation that Dzeko got last night. I don't recall any player every returning to City and getting 15 minutes of non stop chants about them. That's not me slagging our supporters either, as the Germans are generally far more vociferous in their support than English supporters are.

Dzeko took their average club to perhaps the only championship they will ever win. They had a lot of reasons to celebrate him.

I'm no rocket scientist but see things this way. Compared to RVP Dzeko is:

a) Already here and settled in
b) More robust, less injury-prone
c) A decent guy, well liked (presumably) by his colleagues
d) On less astronomical wages than RVP would demand
e) Likely to tolerate a reasonable amount of rotation
f) Younger, with a stronger sell-on value
f) Less talented but far from shite.

On balance that makes Dzeko non-corrosive and a better overall bet in my view. And compared to City's other strikers:

a) Well behind Aguero, Tevez and Balo in ability
b) More dependable than Tevez and Balo
c) Ahead of Balo on net contribution at the present time.

So why not keep him but give him a fairer crack of the whip on rotation? Particularly v Balo who is still immature and self-centred (although you have to like him!). And maybe some better tailored service too.

Dzeko's comments to the press were pretty innocuous. I think one or two posters have got them out of proportion. Let's be honest: City aren't a democratic outfit so maybe he had to drop a few fizzers elsewhere when he got the opportunity. He's a £27m international footballer with a 15-year career FFS. If he was happy with the present situation he wouldn't be City calibre. Better this than certain others who spring to mind, e.g. a chinless full-back or a greedy, loose-cannon of a striker. Wet farts in a space suit, those two.

Here's hoping the situation will be resolved.

sir baconface said:
I'm no rocket scientist but see things this way. Compared to RVP Dzeko is:

a) Already here and settled in
b) More robust, less injury-prone
c) A decent guy, well liked (presumably) by his colleagues
d) On less astronomical wages than RVP would demand
e) Likely to tolerate a reasonable amount of rotation
f) Younger, with a stronger sell-on value
f) Less talented but far from shite.

On balance that makes Dzeko non-corrosive and a better overall bet in my view. And compared to City's other strikers:

a) Well behind Aguero, Tevez and Balo in ability
b) More dependable than Tevez and Balo
c) Ahead of Balo on net contribution at the present time.

So why not keep him but give him a fairer crack of the whip on rotation? Particularly v Balo who is still immature and self-centred (although you have to like him!). And maybe some better tailored service too.

Dzeko's comments to the press were pretty innocuous. I think one or two posters have got them out of proportion. Let's be honest: City aren't a democratic outfit so maybe he had to drop a few fizzers elsewhere when he got the opportunity. He's a £27m international footballer with a 15-year career FFS. If he was happy with the present situation he wouldn't be City calibre. Better this than certain others who spring to mind, e.g. a chinless full-back or a greedy, loose-cannon of a striker. Wet farts in a space suit, those two.

Here's hoping the situation will be resolved.

Agree 100%, summed up beautifully. I reckon Van Persie will go to Utd, if they can convince him of their "ambition" by having supposedly big bids rejected by all and sundry for players they can;t afford to buy without another share floatation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.