Dzeko or No Dzeko for Derby?

riley347 said:
hart

richards kompany k.toure kolarov

milner de jong y.toure silva

tevez
dzeko

They can't play together in this formation. Tevez will never pass to Ed.

i dont think he should play, unfortunately i think that he just doesnt fit into the team at the minute and we play better without him

Dzeko is not the issue ( I'm sure he will play some part of the game). The main issue is where we defend from. Press the half way line and pressure their midfield happy days. Sit 5 yards from our box and invite the rags onto us, well imo theres only one winner.
On abright note 4 up at half time, then I couldn't care who plays. Just stuff the rag scum.

Personally i'd play him. The passed few derbies in the league have been extremely hard work for Tevez on his own which has played into United's hands. Dzeko can make a ball stick in the final third and we can build from there (something that has been missing in recent derbies). Let Silva and Tevez buzz around Dzeko feeding off his hold up play imo

Right, let's look at the two options -

1) Dzeko, Tevez, Silva in front of Barry, De Jong and Yaya.
Pros: Fluid interplay, which might be especially useful on the counter.
If we can get the full backs forward, Dzeko's height will be an advantage whilst he, Tevez and Silva will come inside to make it 3 v 2 against Utd's CBs.
Cons: Lack of immediate width, though Tevez and Silva should be clever enough to move into the channels when advantageous to do so.
Barry & De Jong will have to come across to deal with Evra & Rafael's runs, which means that Tevez and Silva will have to work hard with Yaya in shutting down Scholes/Carrick and Fletcher.

2) 231: Barry, Dejong / Milner (or Kolarov), Yaya, Silva / Tevez.
Pros: Width - both defensively and offensively. However, the width is stymied by Dzeko not being there to head the ball. Oh, how fate mocks us!
Much more solid defensively, with De Jong, Barry and Toure up against Scholes/Carrick and Fletcher.
Cons: Lack of height, and an over-reliance on Tevez. Yaya would have to conjure up a fair few lung-busters to help out.

without a dream said:
I'd be surprised as hell if we didn't line up like this;

----------Hart
Richards Kolo Kompany Zab
-------Nige----Barry
Silva------Yaya-----Kolarov
-----------Tevez

Yeah, I reckon the same. Only real question is Barry or Milner, and I think he'll go with Barry. I suppose he could then choose either Milner or Kolarov on the left, then Kolarov or Zabaleta at left back, but I expect it to be as above (unless Balotilli is fit).

Much as I think Dzeko will prove an excellent signing, I don't think he should play. Either we would have to alter our best system (or that with which we are most familiar at the moment) which would be mad, or you would have to shunt Tevez out to the left, which would be even madder).

For my money, Silva and Yaya will be particularly important on Saturday. Hopefully, Silva will be given the freedom to get on the ball, drift inside and link with Tevez (and Yaya) - if he does, he will cause major problems. With Yaya, I hope he is allowed to play in his usual advanced position - they haven't really got anyone to just sit in front the defence and plug that gap, and it means that Scholes won't be able to play in freedom 10-15 metres deeper than the rest of the midfield as he has in the last couple of derbies - Yaya should be right on top of him whenever we don't have the ball.

And, as has been said, we need to, as a team, press rather than sit right back and defend our box - invite the rags on and you know they will score eventually, either through good play, luck, or referee "error" (invariably one of the latter two!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.