Dzeko, Tevez and the system

I dont see how some people here rate Tevez better than Dzeko in these past few games... Yesterday all I saw by Tevez was selfishness, too much impossible dribbling, and never crosses/passes when he has to.
What I saw from Dzeko yesterday was a player that plays Team play, extremely powerful, holds off his defender easily, knows when to pass and when to cross.
Now if I were Mancini I would just play an 4-3-1-2, with Silva playing behind Dzeko and Tevez, and if this ballhog Tevez doesn't pass more frequently and stop trying to win the game on his own, throw in Balotelli as an starter to teach Tevez an lesson in Team Play. There's no I in TEAM Tevez...

wanderer72 said:
Seems like you don't get your own definitions. If he's playing in front of Tevez (and have Tevez consistently ignore him, as he's been doing this far), it doesn't mean he is by definition in Tevez's path unless you assume Tevez is the one who has to finish it every single time.

I didn't even mention a classic 4-3-3 (which is quite different to 4-4-2-1), what are you talking about?
Are you on drugs? You don't seem to understand what I am talking about. I'll give it one more go. In a 433 you play with one central striker ond 2 wide players who often cut inside. In a 442 you play with 2 central strikers, one sometimes drops deep, sometimes the both play high up.

This season we have been playing 433 with Tevez as the central striker. For Dzeko and Tevez to play together there are 2 options.

Option 1. We continue to play 433 and either Tevez or Dzeko play as one of the wide players.

Option 2. We play 442 and they both play together.

The point I am making is if we went with Option 1 and keep playing 433, I don't think Tevez is very good playing wide. I think he is brilliant as the central striker in a 3. I am very confident Dzeko cannot play as a winger in a 433.

In my opinion if we are only to play one cental striker, I would chose Tevez over Dzeko.

So, in summary, we either have to change the system to 442 or I don't think Dzeko and Tevez can play together. Do you understand now?

ManCityBlues said:
I dont see how some people here rate Tevez better than Dzeko in these past few games... Yesterday all I saw by Tevez was selfishness, too much impossible dribbling, and never crosses/passes when he has to.
What I saw from Dzeko yesterday was a player that plays Team play, extremely powerful, holds off his defender easily, knows when to pass and when to cross.
Now if I were Mancini I would just play an 4-3-1-2, with Silva playing behind Dzeko and Tevez, and if this ballhog Tevez doesn't pass more frequently and stop trying to win the game on his own, throw in Balotelli as an starter to teach Tevez an lesson in Team Play. There's no I in TEAM Tevez...

They do rate them on idiotic terms like "Who would be better in one-a-side" :)

I agree with what you are saying, but I now have a feeling that Tevez's ego simply doesn't allow for Dzeko (whom in his stubborn, thick skull I bet he perceives as "a competitor") being there, and the problem of "gelling" and fine-tuning formations is much easier to solve than the one in hand.

Shaelumstash said:
wanderer72 said:
Seems like you don't get your own definitions. If he's playing in front of Tevez (and have Tevez consistently ignore him, as he's been doing this far), it doesn't mean he is by definition in Tevez's path unless you assume Tevez is the one who has to finish it every single time.

I didn't even mention a classic 4-3-3 (which is quite different to 4-4-2-1), what are you talking about?
Are you on drugs? You don't seem to understand what I am talking about. I'll give it one more go. In a 433 you play with one central striker ond 2 wide players who often cut inside. In a 442 you play with 2 central strikers, one sometimes drops deep, sometimes the both play high up.

This season we have been playing 433 with Tevez as the central striker. For Dzeko and Tevez to play together there are 2 options.

Option 1. We continue to play 433 and either Tevez or Dzeko play as one of the wide players.

Option 2. We play 442 and they both play together.

The point I am making is if we went with Option 1 and keep playing 433, I don't think Tevez is very good playing wide. I think he is brilliant as the central striker in a 3. I am very confident Dzeko cannot play as a winger in a 433.

In my opinion if we are only to play one cental striker, I would chose Tevez over Dzeko.

So, in summary, we either have to change the system to 442 or I don't think Dzeko and Tevez can play together. Do you understand now?
is that you bobby

wanderer72 said:
ManCityBlues said:

They do rate them on idiotic terms like "Who would be better in one-a-side" :)

I agree with what you are saying, but I now have a feeling that Tevez's ego simply doesn't allow for Dzeko (whom in his stubborn, thick skull I bet he perceives as "a competitor") being there, and the problem of "gelling" and fine-tuning formations is much easier to solve than the one in hand.

Couldn't agree any more..

Strange isnt it how people who watch the same game as us all clearly have no idea of whats going on on teh pitch.

Dzeko ahd a good game and an average city performance but to slag him and the team off after two games is mindless.

I spoke to several Villa fans who were suggesting to me that Dzeko was going to be a great city player, but the team is beinmg now put together piece by piece and each obe will take time to bed in.

But to slag him off already is frankly shite.

wanderer72 said:
... which may meen that Silva and Tevez need to move a bit apart? Or, that Silva needs to play behind both Dzeko and Tevez?

How is either Dzeko's fault?
Yes, perhaps we could play a diamond with Tevez and Dzeko upfront, I agree with you.

I'm not blaming Dzeko personally saying it's his fault they can't both play in a 433, i'm just saying the way they both play means I don't think they can play together in a 433.

So again, my point is, either we change the system (as you suggested above) or we cannot play them both. I don't want to see either Tevez or Dzeko playing wide left in a 433 as in my opinion both of them can only play as the central striker if we are playing that system

I agree with Shaelum's Tash by the way. When Tevez leaves then fair enough but why are we changing a winning formula to accomodate Dzeko. All this leading the line bollocks, holding up play claptrap and "targetman" Lordy Lordy. All it means is lumping the ball up field and hoping the tallest bloke is nearby to win it. We don't play like that, we build from the back, ours is a quick passing game and Tevez fits that system better than Dzeko. Horses for courses and all that, he'll get a few games but I don't see him as our No. 1 striker. And don't give me all this too quick to judge bullshit, it's the 'type' of player I'm talking about not the individual.

Shaelumstash said:
I was pretty annoyed at Dzeko's Santa Cruz-esque performance last night, but I am going to give him and Mancini the benefit of the doubt that he is a much better player than that.

However, the problem I have looking forward is not about his ability, but rather the type of player he is takes something away from the team that has been playing so well.

To play Dzeko means he has to play in the middle. Silva has been incredible on the right of a 3. Therefore Tevez has been forced to play on the left of a 3, and it proved under Hughes early reign, and in the first half against Wolves and the game against Villa, he can't play there.

Tevez has been the best central striker we have had for 40 years playing in the middle of a 3, and we are moving him out of that position to accomodate Dzeko, who even his biggest fan would admit is not in the same league as Tevez.

We have been so dangerous on the edge of the box with Tevez and Silva exchanging neat intricate passes with quick feet, and I just don't see how a 6'4 player could ever hope to do that as well at Tevez.

That is why Mancini moved Dzeko out to the left in the second half yesterday, to get Tevez in the middle where he can do some damage. Clearly Dzeko cannot play on the left either.

If we want to carrry on playing 433 / 451 it is a straight choice between Tevez and Dzeko to play down the minddle. Neither of them can play wide. So, we either completely change the system to accomodate them both, or we just play the best one. I know who I'd choose.

What a hell man :S

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.