Dzeko to be top goal scorer come end of next season

Marvin said:
he's getting chances now. That's a good sign.

Good performance from him and his movement off the ball was good which got him chances.

I think he will do well next season...if he gets a run in the team. If tevez plays, can you play him and Dzeko?

Mancini has to find him a place in the team, if he wants to see the real Dzeko.
He was not a 10-15 minute man at Wolfsburg, he was bundesliga's top scorer. Benching him next year would just kill his confidence, and optimism which he seems to have a lot of.

IMO next year if he can't fit in the starting line-up, City is better of loaning him somewhere where he'll start. But I'm sure Roberto has a plan for him.

He's not scored many, but his goals at Notts County and Blackburn were priceless.

I dont think the issue will be so much how many he scores next season but whether we can get the best out of him in general play. We're just not geared up to playing a big target man. Against Spurs he actually won quite a few headers but there was never any other City player within 20m of him.

Andouble said:
was gutted he didn't net one he had 2 great chances

I think this is down to game time. He is another guy who is an ultimate professional. His attitude on Saturday was superb and last night would have been a fitting time for him to have bagged a goal, if not two. The more he plays the better. Some of his play last night showed how he got his goals in the Bundesliga.

Is it even possible? Now that Tevez is maybe staying...Dzeko will just have to do some sub appearances...

Why did we sign him anyways? If Tevez stays....feel sorry for him.

kara54 said:
imo, he is not really lacking the pace, or his first touch is that poor, it's just the style of play he is not used to. he needs either width or faster build up, where the attack doesn't last so long. so far i dont know if he ever played in a team who try to keep the posession, and pass the ball around the box. but i think he is getting better. cant wait to see him next season.

This. People keep going on about wingers, but neither Wolfsburg nor Bosnia particularly relied on them. They were both counterattacking teams though, so City this season has been a completely different tempo for him; in fact, he probably hasn't played in a comparable style since he was a teenager. I think this ties into the fact that many of his goals and best chances (Notts county away, the left-footed shot against Everton) have come after quick actions. If you're looking for some overarching tactical reason for why he has struggled since his transfer, this would be it - not the lack of fast wingers or anything like that, although I'm sure that having them wouldn't hurt him either.

For me the other two major factors in his poor form have been 1.) the physicality of the Premier League, as he has admitted himself, and 2.) major confidence issues as the pressure built up.

I think with a pre-season though, a lot of this will clear up. The media pressure will disappear for a while and/or shift to City's new signings, he'll have a new season and a fresh start, and then a full pre-season to get used to Mancini's tactics. I'm optimistic that he'll come good next season. I don't think that means he'll be top scorer, but I could see him getting a respectable goal tally (let's say 15 in all competitions) as part of a successful title challenge and a good run in the Champions League.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
If Tevez stays he wont play enough to be top scorer. He should have scored again last night.
But at least he looks like scoring now. He's getting chances because his movement is good and the other players get his game now.

Silva himself took a couple of months to click, and he played week after week. Dzeko hasn't had that chance. It's been 1 game in 5.

His game has been good recently. Of course he needs goals and that's the test, but looking a lot better than it did in Feb and March

Marvin said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
If Tevez stays he wont play enough to be top scorer. He should have scored again last night.
But at least he looks like scoring now. He's getting chances because his movement is good and the other players get his game now.

Silva himself took a couple of months to click, and he played week after week. Dzeko hasn't had that chance. It's been 1 game in 5.

His game has been good recently. Of course he needs goals and that's the test, but looking a lot better than it did in Feb and March

I agree he is looking better but as I say if Tevez stays he wont play enough. He really does need to work on his passing though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.