Dzeko to be top goal scorer come end of next season

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
If Tevez stays we dont need to accomodate Dzeko. Many of the games we lose are down to Tevez not playing.

Wolves away,Liverpool (10mins), Everton spring to mind without even thinking about others.

Wolves Away? Liverpool, Tevez lost the Ball in our own Half before 1-0, Everton = team loss...

Bad examples here.... I would say Villa or Birmigham City.

balkanno said:
If Tevez stays we dont need to accomodate Dzeko. Many of the games we lose are down to Tevez not playing.

Wolves away,Liverpool (10mins), Everton spring to mind without even thinking about others.

Wolves Away? Liverpool, Tevez lost the Ball in our own Half before 1-0, Everton = team loss...

We didn't lose to Birmingham...? I would say his examples are pretty good tbf, although I would also attribute the Lpool loss to no Silva and no De Jong, and the Wolves loss we were without De Jong also.

In terms of the Original Post, I don't know how people can argue Dzeko will score that many next season, other than by spouting his German record as evidence. This cannot be evidence though, it is a different league, otherwise Kezman would have bagged 40 goals a season for Chelsea. I Hope Dzeko will come good, and he is looking better and improving game upon game. However, we can't say he will get 20 a season, as he has shown nothing to prove that yet.

bluemoondays said:
Accomodating Tevez & Dzeko would be awkward but I think we could do it like this.

I'd like to see this line-up a few times with Tevez playing support striker/advanced AM (only added 1 potential new signing). Sort of a 4-2-3-1 with Tevez playing very high as centre of 3 AMs.

..................Yaya..............NDJ.............
Silva........................................Sanchez (assuming we sign him, if not AJ)
................Tevez................................
..........................Dzeko......................

Subs: Balotelli, Milner/Barry, AJ (assuming Sanchez in), Keeper, LB, CB/RB, +1 more

Obviously players can be rotated for games.

Will Tevez be happy or think it as a demotion, no idea?

Are you actually saying that the reason we lose is purely down to Tevez not playing?

Clearly we didn't win the semi final or the other countless games without him, clueless.

Tevez has scored what, 3-4 since February?? Brilliant player yes, but we DO NOT rely on him.

Dzeko will come good, no doubt about that.

Mancini will build this team around the most consistent core of De Jong, Komps etc not Tevez!

He had 3 chances last night , when playing with another striker . That is what he likes to do play off another striker . If we play him up alongside a striker next year , he will score shit loads . Even if he plays by himself , I still feel he always has a goal in him. Next year is Edin's year.

bluemoondays said:
Accomodating Tevez & Dzeko would be awkward but I think we could do it like this.

I'd like to see this line-up a few times with Tevez playing support striker/advanced AM (only added 1 potential new signing). Sort of a 4-2-3-1 with Tevez playing very high as centre of 3 AMs.

Silva........................................Sanchez (assuming we sign him, if not AJ)

Subs: Balotelli, Milner/Barry, AJ (assuming Sanchez in), Keeper, LB, CB/RB, +1 more

How do: Fabregas,Kaka,Ronaldo and sneijder fit into that? Almost certain at least two of those will arrive..........................

balkanno said:

Tevez did not play at Everton away....<br /><br />-- Wed May 18, 2011 8:39 pm --<br /><br />
inbetween said:
bluemoondays said:

Are you actually saying that the reason we lose is purely down to Tevez not playing?

Clearly we didn't win the semi final or the other countless games without him, clueless.

Tevez has scored what, 3-4 since February?? Brilliant player yes, but we DO NOT rely on him.

Dzeko will come good, no doubt about that.

Mancini will build this team around the most consistent core of De Jong, Komps etc not Tevez!

There is some doubt surely as lets face it he has been average since he arrived and that is being kind. While people all seem to WANT him to set the prem on fire, there are no guarantees based on what we have seen to date.

Based on what exactly? I'm willing him to score as much as the next blue but even ignoring his poor touch and lack of pace, his finishing has been average at best.

Hope you're right though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.