Dzeko to....

lionheart said:
Dzeko won't be going anywhere and will finish the season as one of the three top scorers in the division.

I agree that he won't be off......but top 3 scoters in division.....hmmm that's a big call. For me he played well last night, but does mean he will bag a load of goals. Aguero, ball, rvp, adebayor, will score more.

He has 10 in the league...so 10 more over 19 games is not so hard to do.. he has had a bit of bad luck hitting the bar etc..so i fancy him to get 20 for the season..

yellamcfc said:
I've said it before and will keep saying it "We should not rotate a striker that's in form". Strikers are confidence players, when hot ie. Dzeko against Spurs - do not drop him for the next match.
When shit, Dzeko against Sunderland then dropping him should be considered, because he could have played 180 mins and still wouldn't have scored.
Mancini needs to take this stance, it's the same with defenders, our defending is poor because they're rotated every game - play your strongest team until you NEED to rotate.
Obviously my personal opinion and others will have different views.

I haven't got a different opinion - because you're right! The guy was on fire and then for no reason I could see he was dropped. He hasnt become a bad player overnight, just one with no confidence and a bit dissolusioned...........the rotation system is pants.

ANY1aBLUE said:
yellamcfc said:
I've said it before and will keep saying it "We should not rotate a striker that's in form". Strikers are confidence players, when hot ie. Dzeko against Spurs - do not drop him for the next match.
When shit, Dzeko against Sunderland then dropping him should be considered, because he could have played 180 mins and still wouldn't have scored.
Mancini needs to take this stance, it's the same with defenders, our defending is poor because they're rotated every game - play your strongest team until you NEED to rotate.
Obviously my personal opinion and others will have different views.

I haven't got a different opinion - because you're right! The guy was on fire and then for no reason I could see he was dropped. He hasnt become a bad player overnight, just one with no confidence and a bit dissolusioned...........the rotation system is pants.

One thing people need to understand - rotation stuff is fucking with lads head, as he was ALWAYS number one striker :-)

After scoring 4 vs. Spuds and being benched he must have been thinking "wtf?". I guarantee you in his head he is still a bit lost in regards to his place in the team, which is affecting his confidence.

I also guarantee once he gets it sorted out - he will get back to his old scoring record - as class IS permanent.

And people need to STOP saying "10 goals in 19 games".

WHAT 19 games?

Apart from Liverpool, he was played 15 minutes TOTAL in previous 4 games.

So 10 in 14 games is far more accurate assessment.

We should have certain players in our team who are guranteed a starting place, Dzeko being one of them and then work from there. Rotation hasnt been kind to Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.