Dzeko told to quit City

pudge said:
Salar said:
pudge said:
If his strengths are aerial ability and getting on the end of crosses then I seem to remember that he couldn't out jump a make shift center half in Tony Hibbert. I don't think he's particularly better at getting on the end of crosses than anybody else; the myth of a tall striker.
I remember him scoring a Brilliant header against spurs,its no Myth.
Obviously he can score with his head.

I just think that all this "buy some wingers and he will bang them in" is a myth.
That is a little exaggeration but you get the point which is he would score alot more and i agree,the goals Against tottenham were mainly good crosses,he is a type of player that needs to be in and around the box and should just attack balls and crosses.

NQCitizen said:
Watching the "all the City goals" video quickly makes you realise just how much Dzeko has contributed to the season. I think it'd be a mistake to get rid of him, a suicidal mistake if he goes to a premiership rival.
+1

No17 said:
if he has his back to the goal it bring his flaws to surface...in my opinion aguero can hold the ball better and of course is quicker, so why not play him in the hole as he can spread the balls out wide and still make it into the danger area to get at the end of a through ball/cross/any type of pass and have dzeko run at his full speed (he is quick when he gets going) and just smash them in as he did for wolfsburg (the way gomez is doing it for bayern now) so it not the case of changing the whole team...it's just a small tactical tweak...
Agree with this but seems Mancini wants to use Aguero as the furthest forward player. The advantage of using Aguero though is he's got rapid acceleration see the Spurs the goal.

MCFC4EVR said:
No17 said:
if he has his back to the goal it bring his flaws to surface...in my opinion aguero can hold the ball better and of course is quicker, so why not play him in the hole as he can spread the balls out wide and still make it into the danger area to get at the end of a through ball/cross/any type of pass and have dzeko run at his full speed (he is quick when he gets going) and just smash them in as he did for wolfsburg (the way gomez is doing it for bayern now) so it not the case of changing the whole team...it's just a small tactical tweak...
Agree with this but seems Mancini wants to use Aguero as the furthest forward player. The advantage of using Aguero though is he's got rapid acceleration see the Spurs the goal.

true, but he'd still be able to make those same bursts, and have the same scoring stats as he has now and dzeko would score a lot more than 13 in the league...

pudge said:
Salar said:
pudge said:
If his strengths are aerial ability and getting on the end of crosses then I seem to remember that he couldn't out jump a make shift center half in Tony Hibbert. I don't think he's particularly better at getting on the end of crosses than anybody else; the myth of a tall striker.
I remember him scoring a Brilliant header against spurs,its no Myth.
Obviously he can score with his head.

I just think that all this "buy some wingers and he will bang them in" is a myth.
Not wingers. Pace from other players I think is key to his game. A wing player like Hazard can get Dzeko involved in the attack while he's facing goal where he's stronger due to Hazard's pace over the first ten yards. Let the defense get set and force him to take the ball with his back to goal and you aren't playing to his strength.

when newspapers are writing that some player is leaving a club ,immediately the Manager says "No , he is not leaving" or something like that... In this case Manchini is still quite , that means most probably that he is leaving...

But it's goona be hard to find a club to pay that much money and such a big salary , I am very sad that Dzeko wasn't so good as we wanted , but to play in a club like City you must play constantly good and not just a few games... And I just blame Dzeko , if he wants to play next season he should improve or if not the best way is to leave the club and find another club...

Bluemoon_bosnia said:
when newspapers are writing that some player is leaving a club ,immediately the Manager says "No , he is not leaving" or something like that... In this case Manchini is still quite , that means most probably that he is leaving...
Bluemoon_bosnia said:
I think he may have other things on his mind right now !! , what do you reckon ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.