Dzeko told to quit City

remoh said:
didactic said:
Good player could be great, helped us to the title. If he stays great if he feels he is under utilized and must leave to get more play I wish him the best.

He is not good enough for the entire team to be built around him and Aguero and Mario are Mancinis obvious choices.

But he doesn't need a team built around him; he just needs quick service from a rapid winger or a mid-fielder with vision. Given this, we would have our Plan B. I know that some believe that we have one already, but all we really have is Plan A with subs brought on to play in the same style, when a totally different pattern of attack may be needed.
Bringing on NDJ and throwing Yaya up only works because Yaya is such a superb player.
I'm told that Mancini chose Edin in the first place. If true, it was a blunder, since he could never fit comfortably in to our attack and that should have been obvious from his previous performances with other Clubs.
He could, imo, be vital to us next season, but if he is only used in an occasional Plan B, (with Hazard as provider for example) he will never give his best because he needs a sustained run to keep his form, as so many forwards do. A regular, but unpredictable swap between the two different styles would give opposition managers a real headache in deciding how to counter us and keep Edin match fit. Then watch the goals go in!

Just a thought.
I'm pretty sure Dzeko was chosen with someone like Sanchez in mind. We failed to get Sanchez, though.

Brendan110_0 said:
The people complaining about Dzeko also complain about no plan B. He's improved greatly this season from his initial half season.

Thats not right at all.

I rate Dzeko but the reason he isnt the player he can be is because we have no 'plan B'.The system doesn't suit his game and we are hardly going to completely adjust our tactics to get the best from him.

He's too good to be wasting on our bench and should leave.

Alot of people are quite harsh on Dzeko, i think he's quality and i'm glad to have watched him play for City, it's a shame he's not scoring as much as he did start of the season. Would like him to stay but i can see him going back to Germany or Italy, Dortmund want him apprantly.

I haven't posted on the board for a while (was away from home for a while) but it seams like the dzeko bashers have been a bit more quiet...

I understand what pudge is saying and I agree, I also agree with others saying that edin doesn't suit the style mancini likes to play...and this winger in is a bit of a myth but could prove to be a winner in edin's case (that's if a winger is signed this summer and edin stays)

but what he really needs is to be facing the goal and not be coming deep for the ball with his back to goal...

look at the goals he has scored this season....

remember the pre season against inter, brilliant pass he runs onto it...goals vs tottenham, rags, wolves...

the only two goals I remember from the top of my head that really came from open play crosses were the ones against blackburn in the league and liverpool in the cc semi at anfield...

so all that's needed is for him to be facing the goal running at the defense with the balls being played into space....

if he has his back to the goal it bring his flaws to surface...in my opinion aguero can hold the ball better and of course is quicker, so why not play him in the hole as he can spread the balls out wide and still make it into the danger area to get at the end of a through ball/cross/any type of pass and have dzeko run at his full speed (he is quick when he gets going) and just smash them in as he did for wolfsburg (the way gomez is doing it for bayern now) so it not the case of changing the whole team...it's just a small tactical tweak...

Dzeko is your good old fashioned "finisher". He scores a lot of his goals with his first touch, meaning he'll be on the end of crosses or have the ball laid on for him. I've just finished watching the video posted with all our goals this season, and it's safe to say that when he's confident and being used in the right way he is a lethal finisher (looking at the first 3 games of the season).

However, he also strikes me as the kind of guy who needs to know he's going to play no matter what, it's no surprise that he performs well for Bosnia all the time as he's never in doubt as to whether he's going to play or not. He strikes me as someone who is quite weak mentally, and while his attitude over recent weeks has been great and he acts like a model professional, he does seem to let his head drop too early in a game. When things aren't going well he needs to get pissed off as opposed to letting his head drop. If only he tried to impose himself more on games then he'd have played a lot more than he has this season.

I'd happily have him stay, but if I had to pick 2 out of our current 4 strikers to go the it'd Tevez and unfortunately Dzeko.

cleav said:
dzeko advocates seem to suggest that we should adapt our playing style to fit his strengths

that is ridiculous!!

unless your name is messi or ronaldo, you adapt to the team, not the other way around...

if he can't adapt, find someone who can...or preferably, someone who fits in naturally

like i said before, if we can get 20+ million for him, we could reinvest that cash MUCH more efficiently....how about a straight up swap: edin for eden!!
when edin played the first few games, he always scored.really well be adapted.City is always easy won away games.why it not been Plan A?

brian the blue said:
being used in the right way he is a lethal finisher
There in lies the problem used the right way. The game has changed so much in the last 20 years players should adapt to systems not the other way round. Dzeko is a good honest pro but he is a throw back to big strong centre forwards of 20 years ago given time and space a great finisher denied it he loses the ball

It's probably not relevant but I do like the way he usually acknowledges the player who supplied the assist. It makes it less about him and more about the team.

I really hope he stays. A couple of our favourites have been a bit maladroit on the ball, but it didn't seem to impede them too much in the end.

Im not a massive a fan of dzeko but I can see him improving especially if we get wingers, I just cant see us keeping both dzeko and ballotelli and as we know mancini loves balo I think dzeko will be the one who goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.