Dzeko v Balloteli

Balloteli is not some misunderstood genius who will apparently one day be the best in the world. I really loathe this image of Balotelli which is constanly reinforced and moulded by the British media into a myth of epic proportions.

He is a good striker; yes, but that's all. If he didn't behave the way he does and got rid of the attitude and his 'famous' antics, he would not be talked about as much as is currently the case. Balotelli is an immature, petulant kid who does not seem to understand or appreciate how fortunate his life has turned out. Instead of being a true professional and approach each game as a team player, he would rather turn all attention on him self and subsequently, more often than not- have a negative impact on the result.

The British public is seduced by the 'rude boy' image and his perona of a child. Which is a shame. They often forget that his primary function is to be a football player and not a joker.

Dzekofan said:
I think that with out a shadow of a doubt, it should be Dzeko above Balloteli.

As a proud Bosnian and Edin Dzeko supporter, I believe that Dzeko has now earned his right to start mathes. And I'm not just saying that because I am biased.

Let's consider a few facts. Dzeko has already scored two goals for city this season. He has then gone on to score four goals in our two international world cup qualifiers. Mancini decides that he should still start on the bench against Stoke and opted for Balloteli up front. We all saw that Balotelli had absolutely no impact on the game what so ever and Dzeko is introduced into the game for the final 3 min. He nearly wins it with a great lob over Begovic but is unlucky with the last second clearance of the line. In the game against Madrid, he comes on in the second half and has an immediate impact with a cool finish for city to take the lead. (I thought City were unlucky not to get anything out of that game).

Dzeko's weakness is his confidence. If he is low on confidence it becomes clearly evident on the pitch. However, if he is high on confidence then I personally think he is up there with the top strikes in the world. Right no he is buzzing. If he is scoring then it's simple: play him!

If Mancini puts him on the bench again on Sunday, I will begin to seriously doubt his capacity as a world class manager.

You're a self-proclaimed Edin Dzeko supporter and you want City fans to believe you have no bias?

Joga Bonito said:
Dzekofan said:

As a proud Bosnian and Edin Dzeko supporter, I believe that Dzeko has now earned his right to start mathes. And I'm not just saying that because I am biased.

Let's consider a few facts. Dzeko has already scored two goals for city this season. He has then gone on to score four goals in our two international world cup qualifiers. Mancini decides that he should still start on the bench against Stoke and opted for Balloteli up front. We all saw that Balotelli had absolutely no impact on the game what so ever and Dzeko is introduced into the game for the final 3 min. He nearly wins it with a great lob over Begovic but is unlucky with the last second clearance of the line. In the game against Madrid, he comes on in the second half and has an immediate impact with a cool finish for city to take the lead. (I thought City were unlucky not to get anything out of that game).

Dzeko's weakness is his confidence. If he is low on confidence it becomes clearly evident on the pitch. However, if he is high on confidence then I personally think he is up there with the top strikes in the world. Right no he is buzzing. If he is scoring then it's simple: play him!

If Mancini puts him on the bench again on Sunday, I will begin to seriously doubt his capacity as a world class manager.

You're a self-proclaimed Edin Dzeko supporter and you want City fans to believe you have no bias?

Maybe, but he makes a number of valid points imo whereas all you are offering is a lazy one-liner. That makes it 1-0 to Dzekofan in my book. Let's hear your reasoned argument if you have one.

Mancio said:
really a great dilemma for Mancini

start a donkey so he would not lose his confidence . or start a world class player.

I guess he will be really confused.

yep, like he was in Madrid, I remember some very confident posts from you on Balo's thread too. You were nowhere to see that night though.

Btw, there's only one donkey in this story and it's not Dzeko or Balotelli but he does come from pizza country ;)

sir baconface said:
Joga Bonito said:
Dzekofan said:

Maybe, but he makes a number of valid points imo whereas all you are offering is a lazy one-liner. That makes it 1-0 to Dzekofan in my book. Let's hear your reasoned argument if you have one.

Have to agree, biased or not at least it was a thought out post. Also got to say the standard of English from these foreign guys is superb and better than mine.

Mancio said:

start a donkey so he would not lose his confidence . or start a world class player.

World Class! You really are the most deluded poster on Bluemoon.

Dzeko will score more goals than Balotelli this season and cause less trouble for the club, players and manager.

I still worry about Dzeko's overall play, but he does get his fair share of goals.

I have a little theory: he tends to look better as a sub because the opposition is already tired so he is more likely to win balls, and impose himself physically. It's also easier to keep the ball after a bad touch when your legs are fresher than everyone else's.

By the way, I think Edin coming on really helped us against Madrid. Their central defenders finally had someone right next to them to worry about. This allowed Tevez more freedom movement as a second striker. He was able to carry the ball more and hassle different players knowing he had an outlet in Dzeko to play off of or deliver to. Tactically, with Edin's arrival finally had a focal point that could hold up play in advanced areas and just play a simple pass to help us move further up the pitch. We won more air duels and got to more second balls because of Edin's height. Tevez needs the ball to worry the likes of Pepe, etc...he simply can't match them physically.

Mancio said:

Don't call Balotelli a donkey

Mancio said:

Clown didn't even collect splinters on the bench. Donkey scored. Ee-fookin-ore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.