Dzeko v Balloteli

Balotelli has great strength but hardly uses it. I want to see him trying to take players more and trying to ride challenges instead of going to his feet.

It seems as if he doesn't understand yet that referees in England are more lenient than what he has been used to all his life.

Case and point, it should be obvious to anyone that when he plays in European matches he wins far more free kicks. Remember when he came on at Sporting, and he was winning free kicks like a monster? In 4 games alone (UCL + UEL), he was fouled nearly 20 times, HALF the amount of total fouls he had for that whole premier league season.

I'm not surprised he goes down a lot. He's used to winning plenty of them so it's probably programmed in his head to fall. In Serie A, he suffered 80 fouls a season compared to 40 in the Premier League for similar amount of minutes played.

No clue why I went on an on with this post haha. Perhaps it's because I feel so passionately that he could be dangerous if he didn't go down easily.

He also needs to become a better team mate. That means holding on to the ball for support instead of trying to be a hero and losing possession, playing the simple pass, and not denying players in better positions the ball so often.

sir baconface said:
Mancio said:
really a great dilemma for Mancini

start a donkey so he would not lose his confidence . or start a world class player.

I guess he will be really confused.

Clown didn't even collect splinters on the bench. Donkey scored. Ee-fookin-ore.
Anyway, those hounding the Dzeko fanboys, isn't Mancio an Italian with probably bias towards Balotelli..

BlueTG said:
sir baconface said:
Mancio said:
really a great dilemma for Mancini

start a donkey so he would not lose his confidence . or start a world class player.

I guess he will be really confused.

Clown didn't even collect splinters on the bench. Donkey scored. Ee-fookin-ore.
Anyway, those hounding the Dzeko fanboys, isn't Mancio an Italian with probably bias towards Balotelli..

little bit, lol

Start a great pro or a over hyped wanna be, that is the question.

Dzeko everytime for me,id of sold Mario inthe summer.

Balotelli produces great moments of magic but as run-in shows last season we play better as a team without him. Fortunately for us his touch on to Aguero for the winning goal last year was one of the only successful passes he's ever made for us.

Jumanji said:
Balotelli has great strength but hardly uses it. I want to see him trying to take players more and trying to ride challenges instead of going to his feet.

It seems as if he doesn't understand yet that referees in England are less lenient than what he has been used to all his life.

Case and point, it should be obvious to anyone that when he plays in European matches he wins far more free kicks. Remember when he came on at Sporting, and he was winning free kicks like a monster? In 4 games alone (UCL + UEL), he was fouled nearly 20 times, HALF the amount of total fouls he had for that whole premier league season.

I'm not surprised he goes down a lot. He's used to winning plenty of them so it's probably programmed in his head to fall. In Serie A, he suffered 80 fouls a season compared to 40 in the Premier League for similar amount of minutes played.

No clue why I went on an on with this post haha. Perhaps it's because I feel so passionately that he could be dangerous if he didn't go down easily.

He also needs to become a better team mate. That means holding on to the ball for support instead of trying to be a hero and losing possession, playing the simple pass, and not denying players in better positions the ball so often.

Interesting about the number of fouls he has won in England v Italy. I agree he really should use his strength more. If anything I think it is a mentality thing, whether that be simply his training in Italy, or his frustration at those who don't let him play, but he definitely has it in him to dominate centre halves. We saw it in moments last season. I think it's no surprise though that those moments were when he played as a lone forward and was more central.

Mancini will have known what he was about when he bought Balotelli. He's in it for the long haul. He clearly has talent, and clearly needs to work a LOT on his mental side of the game. But I doubt they expected him to come good right away, so I can't see them selling him any time soon, either. Mancini's backed the man's talent and he's going to give him every chance of letting that talent mature.

That's not an argument for playing him every week, though. Dzeko's in form, he's scoring, his confidence is up, and he should start a few games, at least.

Balotelli needs to be loaned out. Keep Dzeko as 3rd choice and Guidetti as 4th. Keep loaning Mario until he shows consistency. After that, Sell Dzeko, give his "Tall guy" Role to Guidetti, and use Balotelli with Aguero. (Tevez would probably be in Argentina by then)

Never been a big fan of Dzeko and tried to give Balo the benefit of doubt BUT Dzeko is scoring the goals and patience is running out with Balo, I think maybe he will be on his travels in Jan to Juve: Sad but true !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.