Dzeko v Balloteli

Rolee said:
Minutes played so far in competitive games for City this season.

Dzeko 292 minutes

Balotelli 175 minutes

Mancini prefers Balo? Hmmmmm

In Dzeko's 292 minutes, City has scored 11 goals (one every 26.5 minutes).

In the 248 minutes Dzeko has been on the bench, City has managed 1 goal. Only one.

Roll On City said:
Freestyler said:
Dzeko.

No brainer.

And Dzeko has done more than Balotelli since he signed from day one.
I agree, Dzeko is on good form now... BUT he's is not good enough, NEVER was, and NEVER will be good enough.
So, as he has scored more goals than Balotelli and set up more, it's safe to say that by your logic Mario isn't good enough either?

Dzeko & Hyde said:
Rolee said:

Dzeko 292 minutes

Balotelli 175 minutes

In Dzeko's 292 minutes, City has scored 11 goals (one every 26.5 minutes).

In the 248 minutes Dzeko has been on the bench, City has managed 1 goal. Only one.

Facts. Gotta love them.

pudge said:
Roll On City said:
Freestyler said:
Dzeko.

No brainer.

And Dzeko has done more than Balotelli since he signed from day one.
I agree, Dzeko is on good form now... BUT he's is not good enough, NEVER was, and NEVER will be good enough.
So, as he has scored more goals than Balotelli and set up more, it's safe to say that by your logic Mario isn't good enough either?
His performance in Euro and his goal per minutes ratio suggests he's good enough.

Roll On City said:
pudge said:
Roll On City said:
His performance in Euro and his goal per minutes ratio suggests he's good enough.
What about Dzeko's goal per minutes ratio? Pretty sure it's better than Mario's, if not just as good.

Also, Mario's performances for us this season are a stark contrast to his Euro performances.

supercrystal7 said:
Rolee said:

Dzeko 292 minutes

Balotelli 175 minutes

Mancini definitely prefers Balotelli. No question about it. Dzeko though has been great whilst Balotelli has been not fully fit/injured and did not play well against Stoke. You can tell Mancini's favourites, because when it's a 50/50 or 60/40 call they usually play. I would bet those were the signings Mancini was particularly keen on making. Anyway Balotelli, Silva, Toure, Kolarov, Rodwell, Maicon and Nasri are the signings I get the impression he really wanted. However, if one of them is playing crap like Nasri or Kolarov he is not going to play them over better options.

Balotelli ultimately is more talented than Dzeko at every aspect of the game technically except headers on target(where he is no slouch), but needs to put in more consistent performances. Needs to work harder and play at a higher tempo more often. Also needs to control himself.

Balotelli will get his chance on Tuesday. I said it before, but I think by the end of the season the first team partnership will probably be Balotelli and Aguero.

Oh please, are U serious?

Dzeko's passing, creativity and teamwork are miles ahead of Mario's, not to mention that Dzeko plays equally good with both feet - something that very few players can. Dribbling skills and acceleration are abilities where Mario is clearly more talented player than Dzeko, but tell me, what is worth that he can do great things with his feet, if his head/brain doesn't know when to use it. I'll give you example of a player who is one of the most talented players of last 20 years, but who achieved nothing because he never understood that football is a teamsport - Denilson de Oliveira. Maybe Mario is not as selfish as Denilson, but he has other issues and it doesn't look like it's going to change. I'd call that lack of mental abilities.

Mario is way overrated, he is nowhere near CR or Messi, yet I see every once in a while someone claiming that he has a potential to be world's best player. NEVER! Perhaps Aguero or Silva, but Balotelli (or Dzeko) could never achieve that.

_dreamer_ said:
Mario is way overrated, he is nowhere near CR or Messi, yet I see every once in a while someone claiming that he has a potential to be world's best player.

That would be our manager.
Or used to be anyway. I hope he has come to his senses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.