Dzeko v Balloteli

Dzeko's first touch yesterday was amazing.... If he could play like that consistently then it isn't much of a contest. With mario in the team you'll know he'll do at least 10 unsuccessful passes. Edin is great for the team, there must be something seriously wrong with Mancini if he can't see that.

Dzeko looked yesterday like a player I knew when he played for Wolfsburg. But he is not at his best, that's for sure. You don't know how good he can actually be, you have seen him only couple of times at his best, because the guy simply does not suit to your system.

In Wolfsburg he was always the first option in the offense when he was on the pitch. In Man City he suffers from the fact that Silva, Aguero and Tevez tend to search each other. Most of the time Dzeko is a second or third option.

And please, don't come to me with that shit that Bundesliga is far from Premier League, because his best games were against clubs like Bayern who showed last year what they are capable of.

How can anyone expect from a guy like him to be a poacher when his players doesn't feed him with balls?

If he had the temper of Ibrahimovic, he would have been one of the most important players for you by now. Ibra would show no respect for Mancini's mind games, neither for teammates if they ignore him when he is in a good scoring opportunity.

Dzeko's problem is that he is too nice and because of that sometimes he loses selfconfidence.

Baloteli has a great talent, but he is not a potential world's best player. He will never play in the same league with players like Messi and Ronaldo, although it is hard to compare them because they are different type of players.

Minutes played so far in competitive games for City this season.

Dzeko 292 minutes

Balotelli 175 minutes

Mancini prefers Balo? Hmmmmm

Rolee said:

Dzeko 292 minutes

Balotelli 175 minutes

Balotelli injured for a game or so as well

Rolee said:

Dzeko 292 minutes

Balotelli 175 minutes

Mancini definitely prefers Balotelli. No question about it. Dzeko though has been great whilst Balotelli has been not fully fit/injured and did not play well against Stoke. You can tell Mancini's favourites, because when it's a 50/50 or 60/40 call they usually play. I would bet those were the signings Mancini was particularly keen on making. Anyway Balotelli, Silva, Toure, Kolarov, Rodwell, Maicon and Nasri are the signings I get the impression he really wanted. However, if one of them is playing crap like Nasri or Kolarov he is not going to play them over better options.

Balotelli ultimately is more talented than Dzeko at every aspect of the game technically except headers on target(where he is no slouch), but needs to put in more consistent performances. Needs to work harder and play at a higher tempo more often. Also needs to control himself.

Balotelli will get his chance on Tuesday. I said it before, but I think by the end of the season the first team partnership will probably be Balotelli and Aguero.

Freestyler said:
Dzeko.

No brainer.

And Dzeko has done more than Balotelli since he signed from day one.
I agree, Dzeko is on good form now... BUT he's is not good enough, NEVER was, and NEVER will be good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.