Dzeko Watch (merged)

Re: Dzeko Watch

Number 10: Edin Dzeko

Seems official now.

Im getting my dzeko shirt :P

Edit
"FA have confirmed Dzeko has not been added to the Blues party (for the FA Cup game)

BlueiNZ said:
Cool signing, can't wait for him to team up with Silva...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUX1tUtVAgg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUX1tUtVAgg</a>

Go wish him welcome..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.edindzeko.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.edindzeko.com/</a>
That's not his his official website, and does not have it at all,
this is a 'addicted' fan playing with net, like these kids from Bosnia, which write nonsense on your forum :)
vozdra. man city ale ale alee :)

Here's an interview I translated from Dnevni Avaz, one of the main Bosnian newspapers.

Edin Džeko, Manchester City's new player, for Dnevni Avaz: This is the success of all the people in Bosnia-Herzegovina

The most important thing now is that I get enough sleep, rest up and get ready for the games to come

On Sunday, Edin Džeko was on the stands of "Walkers stadium," watching the FA cup match between Leicester and his new club Manchester City (2:2). He was not satisfied with the result.

"We conceded a silly second goal and now we have to have a replay. I don't believe I will play. I had to be registered for the FA cup before this game. But that's not what's impotant. The most important thing is for us to make it to the next round and get as far as possible in this competition," said Džeko, in an exclusive interview with Dnevni Avaz.

Same as before

How do you feel as the most expensive player in the history of Bosnia-Herzegovina and the region in general?

- I feel the same as I did before this transfer. Nothing has changed. I'm just happy that everything is finally over. So many stupid things were written and said, and now it's finally all come to an end.

How did you celebrate signing the contract?

- I haven't celebrated yet. I haven't had the time. The most important thing now is that I get enough sleep, rest up and get ready for the games to come. I was on break and then I got sick for a few days so I've lost some strength. I need to make all of that up, because I want to be ready ot debut on Saturday against Wolverhampton.

How did you experience all the rumors from last week?

- I was really relaxed. I wasn't nervous, like one would expect. I told myself "Whatever happens, happens. Just be relaxed and see what comes of it."

The English have paid a lot of attention on the war years in which you grew up. Has that been going through your head as well, how you came from nothing to become the most expensive Bosnian footballer?

- I don't dwell on the past. I look ahead to the future and I think that's the right way to do things.

You've finished your first training. What are your impressions?

- Everything was really great. Somehow I didn't even feel like I was new. They've made me feel at home. It's always difficult when you move to a new place. You don't know what to expect. But it was ideal. From the players to the coaches to the club staff... everyone welcomed me.

Have you met any of the players? Who left the biggest impression?

- I've just met them. I talked the most with Kolarov and then Boateng and Kompany, who played in the Bundesliga.

What kind of impression did you get from City's manager, Roberto Mancini?

- He really left a great impression on me. He was also very glad that the deal was done, because he really wanted me at the club. I can say that he's a real gentleman.

How do you see City's style of play? Do you think it suits you? Are you afraid of the competition?

- I'm not concerned with that. We're all here for one team. At the end of the day, we're playing for City in order to get to the title. The most important thing for me is that I'm fit and healthy. Once I have that I'm sure there won't be any other problems.

In the hotel for now

Do you know where you're going to live? Will any of your family be with you?

- I don't know anything yet. I'm in a hotel for now, so we'll see. It's still a little early to think about all that.

Have you heard from your teammates in the national team and manager Sušić?

- We talk all the time. I'm in touch with almost everyone. They all congratulated me and I thank them for the well-wishes.

You've been the top story here for days. Have you followed the public reaction? In our readers' poll, many people said that your transfer to England also represents a success for Bosnia-Herzegovina. Do you feel that way yourself?

- I've been following things a little less than usual because I've been really busy. I've always been on the road. I've heard that the reaction has been positive. This isn't just my achievement, but the achievement of all the people in our country. I'd like to thank everyone for their congratulations and wishing me success in my future career.

The most important thing is the success of the team

You were the champion and leading scorer of Germany. What are your goals in England?

- Everything now comes down to me getting ready well, getting to know my teammates, the league, the opponents, and then after that I'll be able to say some more on that. The success of the team is most important. That's why I was brought here and that's what I will focus on.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in this transfer

What people are most responsible for realizing this transfer?

- Everyone who was involved in this transfer and worked on it. Wolfsburg, City, my managers... Thanks to everyone who made it possible for this to end in the best possible way.

A man gets used to nearly everything

Will you have any problems driving on the right side?

- I've never tried. I still have to learn, but a man can get used to everything.

And from SportSport:

Džeko: They've been fantastic in welcoming me

Bosnia-Herzegovina national player Edin Džeko is enthusiastic about his new club, Manchester City, and in a conversation with SportSport.ba her shared with our readers his first impressions from Eastlands.

Džeko spent today on the stands, watching the English cup match between his Manchester City and Leicester, and as he says in an exclusive conversation with SportSport.ba, he's very happy with his new surroundings as well as his new squad.

"To be honest, I only have positive impressions from these few days that I've been in Manchester. Before I came here, I heard some bad things about the city itself, but now I've seen for myself that that's nowhere near the truth. Manchester is only a little bigger than Sarajevo, and I liked it right away. The city is really great," says Džeko in a telephone conversation from Manchester.

What are your impressions of the squad itself?

"I can talk about the club in superlatives as well. I only have good things to say about the players, owners, fans and workers in the club, who welcomed me in a really fantastic way. Everyone here has gone out of their way to help me and I really haven't had a single negative experience so far."

"I've met almost all the players and I have to say that they've all accepted me as if I have been here for a long time. From the way they've welcomed me, I don't have the impression that I'm new at all. Some of the players I know from earlier, such as Boateng and Vincent Kompany, and I've spent most of my time so far with Kolarov. He's one of us if you will, so it's normal that I'll spend most of my time with him," says Džeko.

Today you watched the match between City and Leicester in the English Cup. What did you think of your new squad on the field?

"I've already watched a lot of Manchester City games from earlier. Every cup game is difficult, and especially when you play with lower-league sides, which are then completely motivated to play against a more renowned opponent. We have a very strong squad though, that's for certain."

How do you see yourself in Manchester City's set-up?

"My job is to get ready as well as I can and to give my all on the field. The most important thing in all of this is that we play well as a team; everything else will follow," added Džeko.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Well that's sure as hell better than Google translate, thanks for that.
And a waybetter Interview than the cringe worthy one on the City website

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.