Dzeko wins Barclays Player of the Month

Matty said:
LoveCity said:
Crap, Baconface got Manager of the Month! Oh well.
After the 8-2 against Arsenal that was a certainty. I still stand by my opinion that, despite 8-2 being better than 5-1 on paper our result was the more impressive, and the more difficult to attain. Away from home, against a pretty much full strength Spurs side, as opposed to at home against an Arsenal team containing Jenkinson, Djourou, Traore and Coquelin.

I agree. I felt we had to work that little bit harder to achieve our result than United did theirs and the respective line-ups of Spurs and Arsenal lean towards that viewpoint.

Despite being delighted with our performance, and I'm not in any way taking anything away from it, but I do think Tottenham contributed to their own downfall (albeit to a lesser extent than Arsenal did). Their starting line-up was impressive on paper but I was astonished to see that it didn't contain a single holding midfielder. That was very Keegan-esque and they might have gotten away with it against one of the lesser sides in the division or if they'd scored a couple of early goals but on the face of it it was tactical suicide.

However, it wasn't as suicidal as Arsenal's defending in the latter stages of their defeat - United scored some good goals but were simply walking through them by the end.

Anyway, Edin thoroughly deserves his award. He's shitting goals for fun at the moment and long may it continue ;)

Frankly Dzeko was in the lead before any Bosnians even knew the vote was on - but well deserved at any rate.

Fair play to Edin, well deserved with 6 goals in the opening 3 games.

I still think Bobby should have got manager of the month though considering 5-1 AWAY to a full-strength Spurs is better than a 8-2 win at HOME to a struggling, weak Arsenal side but oh well, should only spur (pun intended) Bobby on to win next month.

Thaksinssoldier said:
LoveCity said:
Where has it been announced? Has Manager of the Month been announced too?

Keys and Grey said it had just been announced and as I said,Fergie got manager.

And said it should have gone to Bobby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.