Dzeko

Thaksinssoldier said:
he was fantastic today....but thank u both for showing a total lack of football knowledge.

THIS X 100

With Dzeko, for some fans here it'll always be "count the bad, ignore the good".

Dzeko had one of the better games in City uniform tonight. Fought his ass off, and clicked well with Tevez when we needed to keep possession. Won numerous air duels and got like 4-5 free kicks close to opponents goal.
Why do you think at times he was a target of almost every ball kicked out by our centre backs? He gave us best chance of keeping possesion and breaking attacks.

Anyone who thinks he had a poor game, as Thanksinsoldier said - lacks basic football knowledge.

Mancini is obviously seeing something you're not lately, and is having more confidence in him... so enough said.

Thaksinssoldier said:
he was fantastic today....but thank u both for showing a total lack of football knowledge.

^^Correct. Yes he should have scored, but defensively and in his target man role he was quite simply fucking outstanding. Anyone that thinks otherwise is truly showing how little they understand the team game/were only watching it on a stream whilst checking their facebook.

Dzeko was my 2nd behind Silva for MOM. Not because of his attacking but because of his work rate and contribution to the team's result. And once the goals come next season he will be awesome.

darryl28 said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

^^Correct. Yes he should have scored, but defensively and in his target man role he was quite simply fucking outstanding. Anyone that thinks otherwise is truly showing how little they understand the team game/were only watching it on a stream whilst checking their facebook.

Dzeko was my 2nd behind Silva for MOM. Not because of his attacking but because of his work rate and contribution to the team's result. And once the goals come next season he will be awesome.

We can close this thread now.

I want to see same line-up vs. Stoke, except: Tevez for AJ.

He cant possibly have gotten shit by moving to a different country, i really don't get where his former skills are hiding at the moment. Cause everyone who watched him at Wolfsburg just knows he does have ability.

Watch and say this wasn't worth buying:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITH4TWnpd9I[/youtube]

EaglesFan said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

THIS X 100

With Dzeko, for some fans here it'll always be "count the bad, ignore the good".

Let's just put this to bed before the thread gets going.

# 13. Edin Dzeko 5.5
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/player_ratings/2010-2011/6117233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... 11/6117233</a>

He's judged by others who saw the game and left a rating at MEN as the 2nd worst player in the City side.

So to say that it's "some fans on here" is bollocks. And to say that so many people "don't know football" is a tired cliche. Were we just imagining that chance he kicked into the 8th row halfway between the flag and post? No, we did not. So give it a rest.

He has good work rate and marked up well a few times in the box. But he's a striker and gave the ball away in a number of shocking situations. His primary job is not to mark. And he wasted two opportunities.

Watch him, matter of fact, watch the whole team after a full preseason under their belts.

They've not even had a proper one yet.

EaglesFan said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

THIS X 100

Dzeko had one of the better games in City uniform tonight. Fought his ass off, and clicked well with Tevez when we needed to keep possession. Won numerous air duels and got like 4-5 free kicks close to opponents goal.
Why do you think at times he was a target of almost every ball kicked out by our centre backs? He gave us best chance of keeping possesion and breaking attacks.

Anyone who thinks he had a poor game, as Thanksinsoldier said - lacks basic football knowledge.

Mancini is obviously seeing something you're not lately, and is having more confidence in him... so enough said.

or the fact that our first choice striker is/ has been injured.
Im not gonna argue this because it sounds like i dont like dzeko and i really really do, he will come good, its confidence. as our lone striker he had two shots on goal, one nearly hit the corner flag and one was straight at the goally in what should have been a tap in. oh and i watched the game at eastlands not on a stream, everyone around me was slagging him to fuck but i didnt join in, i like the guy. As what should be our point of attack, its not good enough, he has no first touch, cant trap a ball, and has no pace, add that to his goals tally at the min and its not looking great. players take time to adjust and the problem with dzeko is he isnt carlos, and we are playing him like he is. he needs crosses he needs a supply line, not a through ball to run onto when pace isnt his thing. p.s did i mention i like dzeko ;O)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.