Dzeko

Blue Haze said:
He's judged by others who saw the game and left a rating at MEN as the 2nd worst player in the City side.

I see AJ, Zabaleta, Dzeko, and Tevez all tying for at a rating of 6. Where does it say 5.5 for Dzeko? Because I don't think anyone was really that bad today, individually, except that b*astard Crouch.

JBG said:
Blue Haze said:
He's judged by others who saw the game and left a rating at MEN as the 2nd worst player in the City side.

I see AJ, Zabaleta, Dzeko, and Tevez all tying for at a rating of 6. Where does it say 5.5 for Dzeko? Because I don't think anyone was really that bad today, individually, except that b*astard Crouch.

Go to the user ratings.

He was ver poor today. Tevez genuinely did more and looked more dangerous in the 10 mins he was on. How people can say Dzeko was fantastic is beyond me. But, we have champions league football, so we can leave this debate for another time!!

citygal1 said:
EaglesFan said:
THIS X 100

With Dzeko, for some fans here it'll always be "count the bad, ignore the good".

Dzeko had one of the better games in City uniform tonight. Fought his ass off, and clicked well with Tevez when we needed to keep possession. Won numerous air duels and got like 4-5 free kicks close to opponents goal.
Why do you think at times he was a target of almost every ball kicked out by our centre backs? He gave us best chance of keeping possesion and breaking attacks.

Anyone who thinks he had a poor game, as Thanksinsoldier said - lacks basic football knowledge.

Mancini is obviously seeing something you're not lately, and is having more confidence in him... so enough said.

or the fact that our first choice striker is/ has been injured.
Im not gonna argue this because it sounds like i dont like dzeko and i really really do, he will come good, its confidence. as our lone striker he had two shots on goal, one nearly hit the corner flag and one was straight at the goally in what should have been a tap in. oh and i watched the game at eastlands not on a stream, everyone around me was slagging him to fuck but i didnt join in, i like the guy. As what should be our point of attack, its not good enough, he has no first touch, cant trap a ball, and has no pace, add that to his goals tally at the min and its not looking great. players take time to adjust and the problem with dzeko is he isnt carlos, and we are playing him like he is. he needs crosses he needs a supply line, not a through ball to run onto when pace isnt his thing. p.s did i mention i like dzeko ;O)

Thank you CG: My thoughts exactly.

He had a good game; great work rate, and was a handfull for the spurs defenders. A few poor touches but generally his distribution was good.
I cant believe some people are saying he is crap!
He's only been here a few months for fucks sake!

Is there possibly a comparison betwen Edin and Hernandez? He has been introduced slowly and has come good for the rags towards the end of the season.

Im sure half the job that Mancini has is telling the new players not to listen to the negativity and to take your time to settle in,aclimatise to a new league, country, club.

Have some FAITH!

jjeangi said:
Dzeko can link well with people, don't know why it was mainly Tevez he was able to link with.

Sanchez is coming though blues.. ;)
Sanchez is currently the most over rated player in Europe with a for sale sign round his neck, seen him play in a few games, if you get frustrated at the way SWP runs into defenders you'd better not watch this guy, spends most of the game in a heap on the floor, would be a gamble at £10m. Dzeko looks like being another Samaras to me!

lee-mcfc said:
his first touch is really awful on par with adebayor's first touch

re watch the full match and see how many he messed up with his first touch...i bet you will not count more than three...then go and count the good things he did...you will find more...there was that ball thrown at him by kolarov or zaba who ever was taking the throw and it bounced of his foot which baffled me but other than that, mistakes like he did are made by others and far more often, yet no one sees them...that shot to the third tier was as bad as it can get, but again it happens...he was alive while silva was close with him and around him, hence the first half chance and a bit straight at the keeper, but again cudicini did well to rush back....he faded when tottenham had possession because he was cut off, he lost possession of the ball when surrounded by 3 spuds players and no one to pass to....wasn't his best performance but was better than the one at villa, birmingham, or whenever he came on for two minutes...he's getting there....

he came alive again and linked up with carlos once he came on, so again a clear sign, get him a wingman to drag defenders wide someone who he can link up with and enjoy the show...

he was poor tonight

he should have buried the chance in the first half....but hit it straight at the keeper

he lost the ball numerous times and his first touch was awful.

he got out paced by an ageing (and injured) gallas

so he won a couple of balls in the air....great!!! he also failed to win the ball....

his work rate was good in the first half....but poor in the second. he never ever looks like scoring

tevez is a far far superior player when he is only 75% fit

he should be third choice striker for saturday.....

tevez and balo should play

if tevez is sold we cannot and should not rely on dzeko or we will struggle

done pretty well considering he's up there on his own with no proper service and spending a fair amount of time on the wing. as for the one he blazed over, it was shit but even the best strikers have those. edin's like a weapon, once we figure out how to use him properly he'll be lethal mark my words

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.