Dzeko

Mancini is not doing himself any favors - he paid 27M for edin. Anyone who looked at a youtube compilation could see ED lacked pace and would stuggle our system. Baconface had the concerns about him. 90% of the goals he scored were from crosses - we didnt cross the ball last year.

The ironic thing is with the 3-5-2 formation he's be seeing a lot more crosses coming into the box and probably look more dangerous.

Still i hope we get rid and he finds someone to pay his wages. could end up with a ade situation on our hands.

Mancio said:
Blue Elmo said:
Obviously Falcao and Cavani are fookin top notch strikers but I would not want them coming here to sit on the bench. At the moment, Aguero and Tevez are the two to lead the line, nobody else at this time will get a look in. Not Mario, not Dzeko and I don't even think Cavani or Falcao could break it up. Fairdoos, having 4 quality strikers in the team is the way forward with strength in numbers etc. But we no have 4 fully fit strikers who are present, which for the majority of last season we didn't have so it was easy for Dzeko and Mario to swap to play with Aguero. But this year, it is impossible to keep 4 top strikers happy. I think Mario will be okay as he is young, but when it comes to the likes of Dzeko, Cavani and Falcao, they won't settle for it. In their respective leagues they have each proved themselves to be the main man in their team. Dzeko has found it hard from going to Wolfsburgs icon to our bench boy, and Falcao/Cavani would have the same issue. They're top players but they won't settle for the bench and it would cause issues.

mancini want two couple of striker to rotate game in game out , he don't want benchers , he want strikers in which he believes

Pretty sure Mancini "believed" in Dzeko at some point....

Bazzmand Show said:
Mancio said:
Blue Elmo said:
Obviously Falcao and Cavani are fookin top notch strikers but I would not want them coming here to sit on the bench. At the moment, Aguero and Tevez are the two to lead the line, nobody else at this time will get a look in. Not Mario, not Dzeko and I don't even think Cavani or Falcao could break it up. Fairdoos, having 4 quality strikers in the team is the way forward with strength in numbers etc. But we no have 4 fully fit strikers who are present, which for the majority of last season we didn't have so it was easy for Dzeko and Mario to swap to play with Aguero. But this year, it is impossible to keep 4 top strikers happy. I think Mario will be okay as he is young, but when it comes to the likes of Dzeko, Cavani and Falcao, they won't settle for it. In their respective leagues they have each proved themselves to be the main man in their team. Dzeko has found it hard from going to Wolfsburgs icon to our bench boy, and Falcao/Cavani would have the same issue. They're top players but they won't settle for the bench and it would cause issues.

mancini want two couple of striker to rotate game in game out , he don't want benchers , he want strikers in which he believes

We are a very ambitious club and want to win everything repeatedly, in order to do that we need 4 world class strikers. Rotation coupled with injury and loss of form require us to have 4.

Cavani, RVP, Higuain and Falcao are all better than Dzeko. For me I would want Higuain but looking at who would give us something different it has to be Cavani or Falcao. Of the 2 I would go for Falcao who seems to be a bit of a beast and has the ability to score what I would call wonder goals from nothing. A match winner if you like a bit like Tevez, Balo and Aguero

Mad 4 It said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Mancio said:

We are a very ambitious club and want to win everything repeatedly, in order to do that we need 4 world class strikers. Rotation coupled with injury and loss of form require us to have 4.

Cavani, RVP, Higuain and Falcao are all better than Dzeko. For me I would want Higuain but looking at who would give us something different it has to be Cavani or Falcao. Of the 2 I would go for Falcao who seems to be a bit of a beast and has the ability to score what I would call wonder goals from nothing. A match winner if you like a bit like Tevez, Balo and Aguero

I get what your saying, but rotation does not work, as smoothly as many people believe. What team in the world has 4 world class strikers? Madrid for instance, are the only team that comes close with Benzema, Higuain and Ronaldo - who plays more midfield anyway. Its simply not logical to have 4 "world class" strikers, because world class strikers don't want to be rotated. Three top quality players, is what I have always believed we should go with Balotelli, Tevez and Aguero, with a Guidetti player as the 4th. Falcao ain't gonna sit on the bench every 2 games, neither will Tevez or Aguero, we need to be realistic here.

Bazzmand Show said:
Mad 4 It said:
Bazzmand Show said:

I get what your saying, but rotation does not work, as smoothly as many people believe. What team in the world has 4 world class strikers? Madrid for instance, are the only team that comes close with Benzema, Higuain and Ronaldo - who plays more midfield anyway. Its simply not logical to have 4 "world class" strikers, because world class strikers don't want to be rotated. Three top quality players, is what I have always believed we should go with Balotelli, Tevez and Aguero, with a Guidetti player as the 4th. Falcao ain't gonna sit on the bench every 2 games, neither will Tevez or Aguero, we need to be realistic here.

I agree with this. We have two absolute world-class strikers in Tevez and Aguero and that alone is quite a luxury. If we can keep a third top striker happy that'd be an achievement in itself. Four is as we have seen impossible and shouldn't be necessary.

If Mario is okay with being striker nr.3 and if he get his head sorted out that's good for us. The problem though is he doesn't provide assists: only one assist the entire last season (a good one though!). That's not acceptable.

Matt the Giant said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Mad 4 It said:

I agree with this. We have two absolute world-class strikers in Tevez and Aguero and that alone is quite a luxury. If we can keep a third top striker happy that'd be an achievement in itself. Four is as we have seen impossible and shouldn't be necessary.

If Mario is okay with being striker nr.3 and if he get his head sorted out that's good for us. The problem though is he doesn't provide assists: only one assist the entire last season (a good one though!). That's not acceptable.

mario has 22 assist in his career

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.it/en/mario-balotelli/leistungsdaten/spieler_45146.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.it/en/mario-ba ... 45146.html</a>

Mancio said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.it/en/mario-balotelli/leistungsdaten/spieler_45146.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.it/en/mario-ba ... 45146.html</a>

That's shocking if correct.

Mancio said:
Matt the Giant said:
Bazzmand Show said:

You're not saying that's a number to be proud of, are you ?

Mad 4 It said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Mancio said:

Here are the stats for our 4 strikers during their time at City:

Tevez: 57 goals in 86 starts
Aguero: 30 goals in 39 starts
Balotelli: 27 goals in 41 starts
Dzeko: 25 goals in 39 starts

As far as I am concerned, those are all world-class stats. I can only think of Messi and Ronaldo as being at a higher level, but nobody is talking about them.

Davs 19 said:
Mancio said:
Matt the Giant said:

You're not saying that's a number to be proud of, are you ?

just for accuracy , of course :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.