Dzeko

I like Dzeko but compared to the other 3 strikers he's a step down or has been when playing for city. The others for me could be described as match winners or have that something special. I think if he was to leave then our 4th striker would likely have the same attributes as the other 3 i.e. something special. For me the strikers that fit the bill are Higuain, Falcao and Cavani who appear to be gettable for around the 35 to 40 mill bracket and are young enough to warrant such a fee. I would also include RVP with those 3 but not for more than 15mill due to his age and length of contract.

Call me cynical, but i think mancini wants him gone and is making it clear to him he's nothing more than a backup. What has he got 15 mins, 10 mins and 2 mins yesterday. its clear he's not that highly rated by the manager. But how do you get rid of 27 million pound player which clubs know is not wanted without taking a massive hit?

pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Mancio said:
do you really believe it ?

Do you have a better source than the club's manager that is saying otherwise?
I take it we didn't win the league last year, and Tevez hasn't come back from his holiday and Nasri never signed.

He's hardly going to say, "Edin can fuck off for all I care", puts the club in weaker position when comanding a fee.

Mancini has addressed player suitors in his pressers in the past. He isn't afraid to speak on the topic openly. Mancini isn't afraid of getting bullied by other clubs in the transfer market. He also knows Man City needs a target man. It's embarrassing how worthless Aguero and Tevez are on our set plays. And we have a lot of them.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Do you have a better source than the club's manager that is saying otherwise?
I take it we didn't win the league last year, and Tevez hasn't come back from his holiday and Nasri never signed.

He's hardly going to say, "Edin can fuck off for all I care", puts the club in weaker position when comanding a fee.

Mancini has addressed player suitors in his pressers in the past. He isn't afraid to speak on the topic openly. Mancini isn't afraid of getting bullied by other clubs in the transfer market. He also knows Man City needs a target man. It's embarrassing how worthless Aguero and Tevez are on our set plays. And we have a lot of them.
You're right, we do need one.

And I can see Mario playing that role this season.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Really hoping we can get rid and bring in rvp or Cavanni, I know its harsh but I just don't rate him and neither does Mancini it seems.
so if we sign rvp or cavanni then who isn't going to start many games.aguero wont like not being a starter for most games and the same goes for tevez,mario would become a nightmare if he doesn't get many starts so we would have an even bigger headache this season than last trying to keep our forwards happy.one for the future would make more sense if edin does go (which i dont think he will).i know alot will spout off about squad rotation but for 4 top class strikers this is nigh on impossible to achieve especially as we play with only 1 alot of the time.

worthy blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Really hoping we can get rid and bring in rvp or Cavanni, I know its harsh but I just don't rate him and neither does Mancini it seems.
so if we sign rvp or cavanni then who isn't going to start many games.aguero wont like not being a starter for most games and the same goes for tevez,mario would become a nightmare if he doesn't get many starts so we would have an even bigger headache this season than last trying to keep our forwards happy.one for the future would make more sense if edin does go (which i dont think he will).i know alot will spout off about squad rotation but for 4 top class strikers this is nigh on impossible to achieve especially as we play with only 1 alot of the time.
Thing is its easier to rotate when you actually rate your strikers, the reason Dzeko doesn't play is because of his poor performances. I also think it would be possible to play tevez, aguero and rvp in a starting 11. Mancini obviously thinks different to you or why else have we been pursuing rvp.

pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:

You're right, we do need one.

And I can see Mario playing that role this season.

Haha - yes he will be one. Pudge we will see soon how this all shakes out. :)

More importantly, the team looked great yesterday, and looks ready to defend the title. I cannot wait for this weekend.

greasedupdeafguy said:
worthy blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Thing is its easier to rotate when you actually rate your strikers, the reason Dzeko doesn't play is because of his poor performances. I also think it would be possible to play tevez, aguero and rvp in a starting 11. Mancini obviously thinks different to you or why else have we been pursuing rvp.
thats why he's a top manager and im a crappy order picker.thing is football is all about opinions and thats why we all love it so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.