Dzeko

adorado30 said:
Rolee said:
de niro said:
Totally agree, OK he has lost his way now and who can blame him but he has always been proffessional and respectful about our club, despite being very harshly treated.he scores 4 goals away at spurs and left out for next game??? Soul destroying for a striker. The lad did his job ffs..

He was rested for the Wigan following the international break, he had played 180 minutes for Bosnia in that break. Tevez who wasn't on international duty was selected ahead of him that day, understandably so, given that he was fresh.

Dzeko started the next four games and hardly tried a leg. If that's because he can't accept being part of a squad then fuck him, he's not the type of character we need.

I'm sick of hearing this bollox about him being dropped after scoring four.

I am also sick of hearing of this bollox of resting a professional football player after ONLY playing what 6-7 games into the new season ? I can understand the resting of players when they played 30 games + already in the season but resting a player early in September is just plain bollox. If any player on a team was scoring like that, you just don't rest him period.

Did you read my post? He was rested following two internationals in a week in favour of a fresh player, in advance of a Champions League tie a few days later. It's called rotation.

Benarbia said:
crystal_mais said:
If he is leaving then all I can say is Thank you for the memories Edin. He scored some crucial goals that helped us with the title last year.

especially Spurs, Blackburn & Wigan.

Such a shame it hasn't worked out for him as I think he will move and score plenty for his next club

Eh how is the QPR goal not there as a mention???

woops!!!! :)

i would understand why edin wouldnt want to stay so i think the right thing for both parties is to sell him

for me he is a good striker but not a world class striker (whether that is due to ability or the system we play is open to debate but a world class striker would adapt as for instance tevez has done)

20m for him and use the money to strengthen along with the balotelli money.

EaglesFan said:
You guys can say what you want - I know that myself (and probably a lot of you even if you wont admit it) will have a bitter taste when (or if) he leaves City...just too many good memories from his time here (including two pieces of silverware)...that he was a MAJOR part of.

And here's to hope we can find 3rd striker who can in a BAD YEAR score 13 EPL goals to replace him.

P.S. I dont think he's sold...another overblown story.

My only positive memories of him are QPR and Spurs. The first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about Dzeko are the thousands of poor touches over the last 2.5 years.

I've been eager to see him go for quite some time to relieve salary pressure. Good luck to him wherever he ends up. He is genuinely a nice person and his issues at City weren't all his fault. I feel like we failed him to a greater extent than he failed us, so hopefully he has a lot of success after City.

Rolee said:
adorado30 said:
Rolee said:
He was rested for the Wigan following the international break, he had played 180 minutes for Bosnia in that break. Tevez who wasn't on international duty was selected ahead of him that day, understandably so, given that he was fresh.

Dzeko started the next four games and hardly tried a leg. If that's because he can't accept being part of a squad then fuck him, he's not the type of character we need.

I'm sick of hearing this bollox about him being dropped after scoring four.

I am also sick of hearing of this bollox of resting a professional football player after ONLY playing what 6-7 games into the new season ? I can understand the resting of players when they played 30 games + already in the season but resting a player early in September is just plain bollox. If any player on a team was scoring like that, you just don't rest him period.

Did you read my post? He was rested following two internationals in a week in favour of a fresh player, in advance of a Champions League tie a few days later. It's called rotation.

Yes i have read your post and its bollox as i said. The season had just started and all this talk about rotation and resting a player when he was on a hot-streak. He's a professional player ffs who can handle an extra 1-2 games a week.

adorado30 said:
Rolee said:
adorado30 said:

Yes i have read your post and its bollox as i said. The season had just started and all this talk about rotation and resting a player when he was on a hot-streak. He's a professional player ffs who can handle an extra 1-2 games a week.

What's bollox is the suggestion that someone would lose form by sitting out one game.

Rolee said:
adorado30 said:
Rolee said:

What's bollox is the suggestion that someone would lose form by sitting out one game.

Apparently a professional player can handle an extra 1-2 games a week, but can't handle being rested for a more important CL game two days later. Makes sense.

Rolee said:
adorado30 said:
Rolee said:

Where did i suggest that he lost form due to sitting out one game ??
I said he should have played as he was scoring goals. A player certainly should not lose form due to one game. If that game fucked his head up, then squad rotation isn't for him.

Balo has had the same problem which lead him to leave the club.

adorado30 said:
If that game fucked his head up, then squad rotation isn't for him.

If his mentality is so weak that being rotated to keep him fresh destroys his form, then City probably is not the place for him. Every club rotates, he'll even be rotated at Dortmund before/after Champions League games with Scheiber coming in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.