Dzeko

LoveCity said:
adorado30 said:
If that game fucked his head up, then squad rotation isn't for him.

If his mentality is so weak that being rotated to keep him fresh destroys his form, then City probably is not the place for him. Every club rotates, he'll even be rotated at Dortmund before/after Champions League games with Scheiber coming in.

I agree with you. Nobody knows but him, but it sure does look that rotation affects his overall play.

You think he will end up at Dortmund ?

Re: Dzeko - "I'm gone!"

Bilboblue said:
Nice way to support a Manchester City player Bob.

Hopefully he will take you with him.

If he worked for the fans then maybe he would get more support. I always liked him but can't agree with someone not trying for his team mates and fans. Wish him well if he leaves

during his time at wolfsburg dzeko was rated as the best striker in the whole division and having seen quite of a bit of dzeko at that time it's obvious to me that he's a confidence player and needs to be the main man. being club captain at wolfsburg he was the focal point of everything and he thrived on it. unfortunately he wasnt a big fish in a small pond at city and it affected him badly. he's a player who needs to be playing every game. i can honestly say the only time i've seen the dzeko from wolfsburg was at his 4 goal game at tottenham, he's been a shawow of the player in every other game for us.
going back to germany is the only way anyone will pay big money for him cos his reputation was huge there. you dont become a bad player overnight, he just isnt suited to our style of play but good luck to him, hope it all works out well for him back over there.

Rolee said:
adorado30 said:
Rolee said:
He was rested for the Wigan following the international break, he had played 180 minutes for Bosnia in that break. Tevez who wasn't on international duty was selected ahead of him that day, understandably so, given that he was fresh.

Dzeko started the next four games and hardly tried a leg. If that's because he can't accept being part of a squad then fuck him, he's not the type of character we need.

I'm sick of hearing this bollox about him being dropped after scoring four.

I am also sick of hearing of this bollox of resting a professional football player after ONLY playing what 6-7 games into the new season ? I can understand the resting of players when they played 30 games + already in the season but resting a player early in September is just plain bollox. If any player on a team was scoring like that, you just don't rest him period.

Did you read my post? He was rested following two internationals in a week in favour of a fresh player, in advance of a Champions League tie a few days later. It's called rotation.

mancini's biggest flaw.

de niro said:
Rolee said:
adorado30 said:
I am also sick of hearing of this bollox of resting a professional football player after ONLY playing what 6-7 games into the new season ? I can understand the resting of players when they played 30 games + already in the season but resting a player early in September is just plain bollox. If any player on a team was scoring like that, you just don't rest him period.

Did you read my post? He was rested following two internationals in a week in favour of a fresh player, in advance of a Champions League tie a few days later. It's called rotation.

mancini's biggest flaw.

It wins titled when you have the depth.

de niro said:
Rolee said:
adorado30 said:

mancini's biggest flaw.
No to start a new arumentation here, but dont you think this flaw belongs to Dezko?
i mean if he cant handle being rested, then that really is his problem not Mancinis.

zeven said:
de niro said:
Rolee said:

mancini's biggest flaw.
No to start a new arumentation here, but dont you think this flaw belongs to Dezko?
i mean if he cant handle being rested, then that really is his problem not Mancinis.

The problem with the suggestion that Dzeko can't handle rotation is that it's not borne out by the facts. There was the one high profile situation at the start of last season where he scored 6 in 3 games (culminating in the 4 at Spurs), then he was rested against Wigan and went 409 minutes before scoring again, but that's really the only example. He's just a streaky scorer, as is Tevez, who's had a similar rate of long, goal-less periods in the last two seasons. Aguero, on the other hand is remarkably consistent, only once going more than 376 minutes (4 games worth) without a goal in his time at City.

In fact, Dzeko has scored lots of goals right after being left out, and often failed to score when left in the team for several games. He's also our most productive striker off the bench, which doesn't suggest a bad attitude or any confidence effect (unlike Tevez, who has only scored once as a sub in two years).

CaliforniaBlue said:
zeven said:
de niro said:
mancini's biggest flaw.

The problem with the suggestion that Dzeko can't handle rotation is that it's not borne out by the facts. There was the one high profile situation at the start of last season where he scored 6 in 3 games (culminating in the 4 at Spurs), then he was rested against Wigan and went 409 minutes before scoring again, but that's really the only example. He's just a streaky scorer, as is Tevez, who's had a similar rate of long, goal-less periods in the last two seasons. Aguero, on the other hand is remarkably consistent, only once going more than 376 minutes (4 games worth) without a goal in his time at City.

In fact, Dzeko has scored lots of goals right after being left out, and often failed to score when left in the team for several games. He's also our most productive striker off the bench, which doesn't suggest a bad attitude or any confidence effect (unlike Tevez, who has only scored once as a sub in two years).

+100.

Dzeko is a streaky scorer. To be honest he's just not the right player for our setup. We have an entire roster of players who play short passes and low crosses.

Mancini wanted Sanchez.
He wanted Hazard.

We ended up with Sinclair. Not every player will workout for us. Its not the end of the world.

Yeah he can go for all i care what bothers me the most about him, is the fact that he is mentally very weak not physically weak as i have seen dzeko give the likes of ferdinand and co a tough battle like when he came on in the 6-1 last year but those days have been so rare that it is as if he chooses the game he is going to be tough and i can't have that.

Another thing is his lack of technical ability i mean even to control or make a simple pass are like you were asking him to be messi and that for is unacceptable for a professional football player.

Bring benteke or someone else.

micah2013 said:
Yeah he can go for all i care what bothers me the most about him, is the fact that he is mentally very weak not physically weak as i have seen dzeko give the likes of ferdinand and co a tough battle like when he came on in the 6-1 last year but those days have been so rare that it is as if he chooses the game he is going to be tough and i can't have that.

Another thing is his lack of technical ability i mean even to control or make a simple pass are like you were asking him to be messi and that for is unacceptable for a professional football player.

Bring benteke or someone else.

are you just going around the threads slagging off players? saw it on yaya and this one today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.