Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
I don't love Dzeko by any means.

His first touch his terrible, his workrate has become questionable, he doesn't offer much in terms of attacking play other than a tap in at the end, he's easy to mark, he's too eager to help out in midfield which means attacks break down, he's not the best target man we could have and I have little faith in him when he's on the ball.

BUT

Can anybody name me a team in world football with a third striker better than Dzeko? Think about it. We could sign Ibrahimovic, but would he, Aguero or Negredo want to play 3rd striker? No. We could sign Cavani and have the same problem. Face it, as much as we all dislike Dzeko, he's probably the best squad striker we could hope for.

What other team spent 27m on their 3rd Striker? I'd take Lavezzi over Dzeko for starters.

Thats my problem with him, yes he does get goals, but he also gets paid in excess of 100,000 a week and cost 27m.
Do you think we should have Jovetic as 3rd striker and sign another winger to replace Dzeko?

That's my preference. With the revenue from a dzeko sale plus another 15 or 20 million we could purchase an elite outside attacker, someone in the hazard/reus mold.

grunge said:
Kladze said:
The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
Linked to Inter now...

Swap him for Juan Jesus (22yr old Brazilan left back). The song writes itself...
Juan Jesus is a CB, though.

We need a CB more than we need a striker, espeically if Guidetti actually starts getting some game time!.

You can see the fatal flaw in your plan , can't you ?

Ticket For Schalke said:
I don't love Dzeko by any means.

His first touch his terrible, his workrate has become questionable, he doesn't offer much in terms of attacking play other than a tap in at the end, he's easy to mark, he's too eager to help out in midfield which means attacks break down, he's not the best target man we could have and I have little faith in him when he's on the ball.

BUT

Can anybody name me a team in world football with a third striker better than Dzeko? Think about it. We could sign Ibrahimovic, but would he, Aguero or Negredo want to play 3rd striker? No. We could sign Cavani and have the same problem. Face it, as much as we all dislike Dzeko, he's probably the best squad striker we could hope for.

What other team spent 27m on their 3rd Striker? I'd take Lavezzi over Dzeko for starters.

Thats my problem with him, yes he does get goals, but he also gets paid in excess of 100,000 a week and cost 27m.
Do you think we should have Jovetic as 3rd striker and sign another winger to replace Dzeko?

Yes with having Nasri and Silva and with Lopes emergence, it's not necessary to have 4 strikers imo, i prefer Jovetic anyway as long as we can keep him fit.

Reus would complete is going forward.

Inter Milan are plotting a summer raid for Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.

The Italian side have already signed Manchester United skipper Nemanja Vidic for a summer move, and now have their sights set on snaring Dzeko.

Inter have considerable spending power in the transfer market following their takeover by Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir.

Thohir wants to re-establish Inter as a major force in Europe and sees Dzeko as the goalscorer to help the club achieve that goal.

Dzkeo has just one year left on his contract at Manchester's Blues and is a more attainable option than Inter’s other forward target, Chelsea’s Fernando Torres.

It is understood City boss Manuel Pellegrini is happy for Dzeko to leave this summer, if City can get around £12million for him.

United striker Javier Hernandez is also on Inter’s list of targets, while Old Trafford full-back Patrice Evra - out of contract this summer - could follow Vidic there.

Hernandez will be allowed to leave this summer after failing to impress new manager David Moyes and becoming a peripheral figure under the Scot.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-edin-dzeko-3231699#ixzz2viIO0eJm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2viIO0eJm</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

City should be able to get 12mil for Dzeko easily. Looks' like Ed is on his way out.

Dzekos Smile said:
Inter Milan are plotting a summer raid for Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.

The Italian side have already signed Manchester United skipper Nemanja Vidic for a summer move, and now have their sights set on snaring Dzeko.

Inter have considerable spending power in the transfer market following their takeover by Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir.

Thohir wants to re-establish Inter as a major force in Europe and sees Dzeko as the goalscorer to help the club achieve that goal.

Dzkeo has just one year left on his contract at Manchester's Blues and is a more attainable option than Inter’s other forward target, Chelsea’s Fernando Torres.

It is understood City boss Manuel Pellegrini is happy for Dzeko to leave this summer, if City can get around £12million for him.

United striker Javier Hernandez is also on Inter’s list of targets, while Old Trafford full-back Patrice Evra - out of contract this summer - could follow Vidic there.

Hernandez will be allowed to leave this summer after failing to impress new manager David Moyes and becoming a peripheral figure under the Scot.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-edin-dzeko-3231699#ixzz2viIO0eJm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2viIO0eJm</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

City should be able to get 12mil for Dzeko easily. Looks' like Ed is on his way out.

Good. These last few weeks have made my mind up about wanting him to stay or not. I don't.

That miss on Sunday was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Has to go, cannot afford to have a striker that constantly misses chances like that and is such a waste of space. I just hope Aguero and Negredo find their form again soon

HIS BOLLOX.

he ain't so hot at the moment on the pitch. But it's his excessively large bollox that have clearly effected his play.
Just watch the nasri goal celebration at Wembley.
This is clearly his problem.

Let him run his contract unless someone comes with 20 Million.

The guy has 17 goals and 5 assists in 26 games which is not a bad at all.

El Mago said:
Let him run his contract unless someone comes with 20 Million.

The guy has 17 goals and 5 assists in 26 games which is not a bad at all.

He's just not a big game player though, is he? Plus he is the greediest of all our strikers, without a shadow of a doubt. I would get rid and bring someone in who fits our style of play better.

It is true that all the best teams in the world right now have something we don't - a world class AM who can pick up the ball deep and score in the mold of Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard, Ozil, Bale. Nasri is not quite that style of player, and Jovetic could possibly do this if he has a long enough string of games in that position.

Very poor conversion rate this season, in the league at least (don't have the all competitions stats). If we did persist with this 4 big name strikers thing, which I don't think we should, the #1 guy on this list is available next summer.

BiZlKkjCYAASXNy.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.