Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 competitions, 2 experienced strikers, both of whom will have had a delayed preseason.

I wish I had the same optimism over Iheanacho as some of you, which is why I would prefer another striker to come in if and when Dzeko leaves
I think KDB and another CM will suffice (depending on the idea being Angelino is given his chance next season as LB).

If Pellers doesn't give Kelechi a go in the league cup and FA cup this season he wants his arse kicking as not trying the kids didn't exactly work last season.

One up top with Aguero and Bony alternating when Sergio needs a rest is fine by me.

I think KDB and another CM will suffice (depending on the idea being Angelino is given his chance next season as LB).

If Pellers doesn't give Kelechi a go in the league cup and FA cup this season he wants his arse kicking as not trying the kids didn't exactly work last season.

One up top with Aguero and Bony alternating when Sergio needs a rest is fine by me.
Not sure about Higuain but i know we're definitely in for a striker
I was told prior to the window to expect a Striker coming in so i'll be interesed to see how this pans out.
Danamy said:
It's funny you say that, make of it what you will but an opportunity has arisen that we may find ourselves with a new striker next season.
This is why I'm inclined to believe we'll bring another one in if Edin leaves.

Putting the ball in the back of the net is the hardest thing to do, that's why typically strikers get paid the most and why they cost so much. If one of Aguero and Bony gets injured/suspended or God forbid both then my personal preference would be to have the option to play a recognized striker, an experienced one at that.

Personally, a 3 of Aguero, Bony and Iheanacho doesn't do it for me, and that's assuming the latter is in the first team. Not with such a long season ahead, regardless of the names people throw at me who'll be playing behind them. We may play 433 but that doesn't mean you can just say we don't need as much depth, it doesn't work like that.

I have no love for Sky and 99% of their minions, but the man said "...in Australia" at the end of that quote.

Say it as it is.

Genuinely didn't hear the "austrailia" bit.......I'm sure he came on against Madrid though,which again,would make Sly wrong.

We had 4 strikers when we played 2 upfront. Now we've got 2 strikers for 1 upfront. Plus, Kelechi and Sterling as cover. If anything, despite losing 2 forwards we're more stocked in that position than we were last season given the new formation. We won't be signing a striker.

Putting the ball in the back of the net is the hardest thing to do, that's why typically strikers get paid the most and why they cost so much. If one of Aguero and Bony gets injured/suspended or God forbid both then my personal preference would be to have the option to play a recognized striker, an experienced one at that.

Personally, a 3 of Aguero, Bony and Iheanacho doesn't do it for me, and that's assuming the latter is in the first team. Not with such a long season ahead, regardless of the names people throw at me who'll be playing behind them. We may play 433 but that doesn't mean you can just say we don't need as much depth, it doesn't work like that.

We might as well keep Edin then as we will not get one anywhere near as good, for the fee we are selling him for.

The thing is we were in exactly the same boat last season. Until Bony played which was at the back end of February we only had 2 strikers in Aguero & Dzeko and that was when we were playing 2 up top. I say 2 as Jovetic is nowhere near good enough to play up front.

IMO, assuming we shift Edin and Jovetic, then we will bring in another striker before window shiuts, however it will be an older player who is happy to do fuck all if we get no injuries. A 30 odd year old looking for an easy final payday.

IMO, assuming we shift Edin and Jovetic, then we will bring in another striker before window shiuts, however it will be an older player who is happy to do fuck all if we get no injuries. A 30 odd year old looking for an easy final payday.
What about a younger one called Balotelli? Cheap at 7m

Aguero, Bony, Sterling, Iheanacho would be my four, and if De Bruyne signs then that adds extra goal power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.