Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibrahimovic could be an option, a year left on his contract could be relatively cheap. Proven goal scorer and he's won the league with every club he's been with, ticks the boxes for me, plus Txiki must rate him as he paid €66m in 2009!

This is why I'm inclined to believe we'll bring another one in if Edin leaves.

Putting the ball in the back of the net is the hardest thing to do, that's why typically strikers get paid the most and why they cost so much. If one of Aguero and Bony gets injured/suspended or God forbid both then my personal preference would be to have the option to play a recognized striker, an experienced one at that.

Personally, a 3 of Aguero, Bony and Iheanacho doesn't do it for me, and that's assuming the latter is in the first team. Not with such a long season ahead, regardless of the names people throw at me who'll be playing behind them. We may play 433 but that doesn't mean you can just say we don't need as much depth, it doesn't work like that.

Nail on head.

This is why I'm inclined to believe we'll bring another one in if Edin leaves.

Putting the ball in the back of the net is the hardest thing to do, that's why typically strikers get paid the most and why they cost so much. If one of Aguero and Bony gets injured/suspended or God forbid both then my personal preference would be to have the option to play a recognized striker, an experienced one at that.

Personally, a 3 of Aguero, Bony and Iheanacho doesn't do it for me, and that's assuming the latter is in the first team. Not with such a long season ahead, regardless of the names people throw at me who'll be playing behind them. We may play 433 but that doesn't mean you can just say we don't need as much depth, it doesn't work like that.
If we are playing two wide forwards and a central striker they will not play unless Aguero and Bony are out. I'd go with what we have

Ibrahimovic could be an option, a year left on his contract could be relatively cheap. Proven goal scorer and he's won the league with every club he's been with, ticks the boxes for me, plus Txiki must rate him as he paid €66m in 2009!

An option that may appeal to you bud but i would put cash on it the club would not even consider such a player. He does not fit us at all on any level imo.

An option that may appeal to you bud but i would put cash on it the club would not even consider such a player. He does not fit us at all on any level imo.

I know his attitude could be a problem and given our holistic philosophy it could be a reason not to go in for him.
Talent wise, i don't think there's any question that he's still one of the best out there.

I love this forum in the summer. Let's get Zlatan to play 4th striker for one available position. Or are we just saying "fuck off" to a newly signed Bony - with years of fine service ahead of him, if he plays like he did prior to moving - or "screw you" to Nacho, one of the best youth prospects we've ever had, who's probably obly going to be overseeing cup games anyway?

Who has 4 players rotating for 1 spot? And here I was worried about Nacho seeing serious game time (if Aguero & Bony stay somewhat fit).

If we are playing two wide forwards and a central striker they will not play unless Aguero and Bony are out. I'd go with what we have
Me too.

But preferences aside, we can't sign a striker anyway, unless we are planning on playing two up front for a considerable amount of the season. It just doesn't fit mathematically. If we are playing one up front, that's Aguero. Then his understudy & occasional partner in system changes is Bony. Where does the 3rd guy come in ? Who would sign, knowing they are absolutley not going to play unless we have serious injury problems ?

Surely, the 3rd & 4th strikers, will be created from, Sterling, DeBruyne, Iheanacho even Silva, & any of the other kids such as Lopes, Ambrose etc.

Which club in Europe has central striking options deeper than that ? I can't think of one.

I know his attitude could be a problem and given our holistic philosophy it could be a reason not to go in for him.
Talent wise, i don't think there's any question that he's still one of the best out there.
Zlatan isn't going anywhere to be 3 Rd choice striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.