Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always supported Dzeko and I do believe he gets the rotten end of the stick too often. To my mind he's a proven goalscorer and at times he has been awesome, notably in the first few months of the 2011-12 season and in the run in to the title in 2014. The trouble is that he is a form player and he has periods where his form is dire. This seems to even out over the seasons so that his average is good, but clubs with City's ambitions simply cannot afford the barren spells. Nor, increasingly, does the style of football we need to play to succeed in Europe leave much room for a player of Edin's type. It seems we are going to go for a front three of exceptional pace and fluidity and this is not Edin's game.

And he's been well recompensed for that. But last season, his attitude was fucking awful and best for him and City that he leaves this window.

I agree it's time for him to move on and he knew his time was up as soon as Bony rocked up, but for some they only remember the bad in people, with him leaving we should be thanking him for what he's done not slagging him, it takes allsorts i suppose?

He has scored some vital goals since his arrival here.

My top 5 of most importance are Equaliser v QPR, Equaliser v Notts Co in FA Cup (A), Header v Everton (A), flick header v Wigan (A) and just for a giggle the 6th v Scum (A).

I think the time is right for the big man to go. Looks like we are moving on to a new formation and set up which doesn't really suit him. He has never given any bad press about us and has been professional during his stay. Thanks for the memories Edin and good luck in Italy.

I've always supported Dzeko and I do believe he gets the rotten end of the stick too often. To my mind he's a proven goalscorer and at times he has been awesome, notably in the first few months of the 2011-12 season and in the run in to the title in 2014. The trouble is that he is a form player and he has periods where his form is dire. This seems to even out over the seasons so that his average is good, but clubs with City's ambitions simply cannot afford the barren spells. Nor, increasingly, does the style of football we need to play to succeed in Europe leave much room for a player of Edin's type. It seems we are going to go for a front three of exceptional pace and fluidity and this is not Edin's game.

Don't worry, once Edin's gone there will be another scapegoat to lead the team out, Kolarov is odds on favourite if you get down the bookies

Still think Dzeko is a better goal scorer than bony, sadly for Edin 442 doesn't suit us but it probably suits him best.

It's good to see on this thread that our loyal supportive fanbase hasn't changed since the takeover

Short memories some people, he's got us out of the shit on more than one occasion and that hat-trick + 1 he got at the Spuds was probably the best four goals you'll ever see by any player in one game.

2 pivotal moments in our history, the obvious one against QPR, but lets not forget the equaliser in the Cup at Notts County when it looked like we were going out. A few months later we were picking up our first trophy for 30-odd years.

Good luck Edin, its been emotional.

It's good to see on this thread that our loyal supportive fanbase hasn't changed since the takeover

Short memories some people, he's got us out of the shit on more than one occasion and that hat-trick + 1 he got at the Spuds was probably the best four goals you'll ever see by any player in one game.

The back header and that last with his left will live long in the memory. I'm sure I read a stat that of his goals, most were scored to equaliser or take the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.