Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good times, bad times, we made a mistake giving him a new contract.

Best game last season was when Bony had just been signed.

Frustrating as shit.

Dzeko's the sort of player where if you build the team around him you will score goals. In a system with good wingers he'll clean up. Look how many assists De Bruyne got and the strikers at Wolfsburg aren't anywhere near Dzeko's level. He would have scored plenty.

The fact is that he's been used in a side that doesn't play to his strengths. Generally he's been most effective when played on his own and with balls being put in the box. His best game was v Spurs away when we carved them apart and Nasri put the ball in the box and he somehow headed it in from an odd angle. He then bent one off his left foot into the far corner which was sensational.

I don't think it's any coincidence that he scored so many late on in games from the bench. At those times City were desperate to score and were playing the ball forward quickly and more direct and that's exactly how he wants to play.

At the right club he'll do well. In Bony we have someone who is better with his back to goal, stronger and also good in the air so we've already replaced him. We will no doubt look for more goals from midfield from Sterling and potentially De Bruyne to cover Jovetic's departure and it looks like Nacho will be given first team opportunities too.

The back header and that last with his left will live long in the memory. I'm sure I read a stat that of his goals, most were scored to equaliser or take the lead.
Not sure where Dan's post is but I completely agree with it, thanks Edin a big part of all our trophies in recent times, slaggers will always slag, it's what they do best

Dzeko's the sort of player where if you build the team around him you will score goals. In a system with good wingers he'll clean up. Look how many assists De Bruyne got and the strikers at Wolfsburg aren't anywhere near Dzeko's level. He would have scored plenty.

The fact is that he's been used in a side that doesn't play to his strengths. Generally he's been most effective when played on his own and with balls being put in the box. His best game was v Spurs away when we carved them apart and Nasri put the ball in the box and he somehow headed it in from an odd angle. He then bent one off his left foot into the far corner which was sensational.

I don't think it's any coincidence that he scored so many late on in games from the bench. At those times City were desperate to score and were playing the ball forward quickly and more direct and that's exactly how he wants to play.

At the right club he'll do well. In Bony we have someone who is better with his back to goal, stronger and also good in the air so we've already replaced him. We will no doubt look for more goals from midfield from Sterling and potentially De Bruyne to cover Jovetic's departure and it looks like Nacho will be given first team opportunities too.

Good post.

That sums it up nicely, good post

Anyone else wondering how players now seem able to agree 'terms' with a player without the clubs having formally agreed a fee and therefore agreed to the sale ? I thought that was tapping up ? Anyone care to explain the difference as I'm confused how this now seems to have become an acceptable way of doing business in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.