Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Rammy Blue said:
de niro said:
giving up edin would be the worse piece of business we could do. if anyone, sad but no choice, has to be stefan.

It'll be both by summer

I agree....don't think we need to worry about picking which (Dzeko or Jovetic) will be leaving.....as you right say, I can see BOTH going by the summer...

I think we'll keep Dzeko unless we get an offer too good to turn down

its a Barm said:
Stoke have enquired for a lone for Dzeko, ha ha ha ha

This is not one of those offers

Sorry folks, I haven't had the time to follow this story; but what exactly is going in? Is there an actual attempt from a club to sign Edin from us? Which club?

Matt the Giant said:
Sorry folks, I haven't had the time to follow this story; but what exactly is going in? Is there an actual attempt from a club to sign Edin from us? Which club?
A rumour started in the Stoke Sentinel, that Stoke City may try a cheeky bid for Dzeko on loan until the end of the season. It was a comment piece that was pure shit speculation, but unbelievably it was picked up by the usual crap internet publications like Sports Mole, Sports Vibe, The Star and Express and all of a sudden its taken on a life of its own with the Stoke Sentinel now claiming the Stoke City board are looking at long-term and short-term player options with no specific names mentioned.

Whilst I don't think Dzeko's style suits us and a move away would probably suit us, I can't see him considering Stoke with all due respect. I think a more likely destination would be Germany, Spain or Italy. I'd swap him for Lacazette in a heart beat if he's as good as some are saying.

One question I'd ask of those who think we should keep Dzeko: If Dzeko was at another club and performing as he has/is for City, would we be in for him and how many fans would want him here?

malg said:
oakiecokie said:
malg said:
Brilliant. We're now back to 'not good enough for where we're going'. I think there's more sense in that Paris thread, and there are verifiable lunatics over there!

Yes thats my opinion.You are clearly showing that we cannot move forward with BETTER players and you are showing far too much reliance on "well look at what x,y and z " did previously.
We need to move on !! Fuck what any player did for us years ago.
I loved Dennis Tueart,Brian Kidd,Paul Power and the likes but I accepted that we needed to move on.Pity some fuckers can`t move forward and stop standing still on what was what.
I suggest you watch Dr Fooking Who !!!!
Yeah OK, that brilliant argument has swayed me. You have your opinion, I'll have mine. However, if you're sticking by that 'not good enough for where we're going', I'd be interested to know which other players you're happy to move on?

I would be more than happy to see us move Kolarov,Sagna and Boyata on,along with Sinclair who hopefully will be on his bike anyway.
Too many sentimentalists on this forum.

oakiecokie said:
malg said:
oakiecokie said:
Yes thats my opinion.You are clearly showing that we cannot move forward with BETTER players and you are showing far too much reliance on "well look at what x,y and z " did previously.
We need to move on !! Fuck what any player did for us years ago.
I loved Dennis Tueart,Brian Kidd,Paul Power and the likes but I accepted that we needed to move on.Pity some fuckers can`t move forward and stop standing still on what was what.
I suggest you watch Dr Fooking Who !!!!
Yeah OK, that brilliant argument has swayed me. You have your opinion, I'll have mine. However, if you're sticking by that 'not good enough for where we're going', I'd be interested to know which other players you're happy to move on?

I would be more than happy to see us move Kolarov,Sagna and Boyata on,along with Sinclair who hopefully will be on his bike anyway.
Too many sentimentalists on this forum.

Same.

Kolarov is complete waste of space at LB. As an LM I rate him because he can cross a mean ball, but defensively he's disgraceful.

Sagna is no better than Richards who was also not good enough.

Boyata is certainly no better than Nastasic, so the fact we've let the latter go is baffling (although I know Boyata is home grown so I suppose that's something, but quality wise, there’re miles apart).

Sinclair was a knee-jerk signing to replace an overrated Johnson.

That's my two penneth anyway!

Dribble said:
Matt the Giant said:
A rumour started in the Stoke Sentinel, that Stoke City may try a cheeky bid for Dzeko on loan until the end of the season. It was a comment piece that was pure shit speculation, but unbelievably it was picked up by the usual crap internet publications like Sports Mole, Sports Vibe, The Star and Express and all of a sudden its taken on a life of its own with the Stoke Sentinel now claiming the Stoke City board are looking at long-term and short-term player options with no specific names mentioned.

Whilst I don't think Dzeko's style suits us and a move away would probably suit us, I can't see him considering Stoke with all due respect. I think a more likely destination would be Germany, Spain or Italy. I'd swap him for Lacazette in a heart beat if he's as good as some are saying.

One question I'd ask of those who think we should keep Dzeko: If Dzeko was at another club and performing as he has/is for City, would we be in for him and how many fans would want him here?

Thanks Dribble, I really appreciate it.
It seems highly unlikely doesn't it, that there actually could be something in this. As you say, when Dzeko leaves us I'm pretty sure it will be for a top club in Germany or Italy. Not a mid-table PL club with no room for big wages.

Oh, and to answer your question:
No.
I really like Edin as he seems like a great guy and I do have a sentimental attachment to him. But I'm positive there are other strikers better suited for us, and If one of them came in, I would have no issue with seeing Dzeko leave.

yayas trusty right foot said:
de niro said:
giving up edin would be the worse piece of business we could do. if anyone, sad but no choice, has to be stefan.

Edin is a City, we would be crazy to get rid of him..

With Bony signed now (or nearly signed), I'd rather sell Dzeko than Jovetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.