Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put this in the jovetic thread,but it mentions them both,so it's in here too.

Latest on the future of Stevan Jovetic, told by Sportmediaset. Manchester City makes resistance to the sale of the Montenegrin, and said no to the transfer on loan to Juventus. In addition, the suspect goodbye, should be Edin Dzeko, strongly advocated by Besiktas.

BESIKTAS????????.....if true.

Copied this on Joveitc thread but mentions Dzeko....

<a class="postlink" href="http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/01/manchester-city-turn-down-juventus-loan-offer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/01 ... oan-offer/</a>

Manchester City turn down Juventus loan offer

Manchester City have turned down a request from Juventus to take Stevan Jovetic on loan for the remainder of the season.

The Montenegrin forward has slipped down the pecking order at the Etihad Stadium and will find first team opportunities even harder to come by following the arrival of Wilfred Bony from Swansea.

However, Sportmediaset understands that City will not entertain a loan move for the former Fiorentina attacker during the current transfer window and any decision on the 25-year-old’s future will be taken in the summer.

Instead, it is believed that it is Edin Dzeko who will be sacrificed to make room for Bony, with Turkish giants Besiktas showing a strong interest in the Bosnian target man.

Dribble said:
Matt the Giant said:
Sorry folks, I haven't had the time to follow this story; but what exactly is going in? Is there an actual attempt from a club to sign Edin from us? Which club?
A rumour started in the Stoke Sentinel, that Stoke City may try a cheeky bid for Dzeko on loan until the end of the season. It was a comment piece that was pure shit speculation, but unbelievably it was picked up by the usual crap internet publications like Sports Mole, Sports Vibe, The Star and Express and all of a sudden its taken on a life of its own with the Stoke Sentinel now claiming the Stoke City board are looking at long-term and short-term player options with no specific names mentioned.

Whilst I don't think Dzeko's style suits us and a move away would probably suit us, I can't see him considering Stoke with all due respect. I think a more likely destination would be Germany, Spain or Italy. I'd swap him for Lacazette in a heart beat if he's as good as some are saying.

One question I'd ask of those who think we should keep Dzeko: If Dzeko was at another club and performing as he has/is for City, would we be in for him and how many fans would want him here?

As far as I know Dzeko was injured most of this season. Based on his performance at the end of the last season and the fact that his goals won you the league, hell yes, I'm sure that many fans want to keep him here!

oakiecokie said:
Lets be honest !! The lad over past 3+ years has helped us win this,that and the other,for which I am extremely grateful.
However we as a club have now moved to another level of football and for all his worth,Edin is now at a level beneath what we are aiming for.
Lets be honest and what are his strengths nowadays.Heading ? Work ? Distribution ? Bringing his team mates into play ?
Very little of the above and I truly wish that his "fan boys" would cease to give him the continuing support of yesterday.
The lad is going through a difficult period and I think thats due to the fact that he now has far better plaers around him.
He really must rank as one of the worst ever centre forwards in being able to control a ball,trap a ball, and beat a defender on a one to one situation.
Biased ??
For the first couple of years I supported this lad more than most and was always prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.Unfortunately he has not progressed and I firmly believe that he will not progress any further,
Sorry Edin.You need to be moved on and I thank you for the past 3+ years.

WTF Some of people here are helpless.

Zizi4City said:
oakiecokie said:
Lets be honest !! The lad over past 3+ years has helped us win this,that and the other,for which I am extremely grateful.
However we as a club have now moved to another level of football and for all his worth,Edin is now at a level beneath what we are aiming for.
Lets be honest and what are his strengths nowadays.Heading ? Work ? Distribution ? Bringing his team mates into play ?
Very little of the above and I truly wish that his "fan boys" would cease to give him the continuing support of yesterday.
The lad is going through a difficult period and I think thats due to the fact that he now has far better plaers around him.
He really must rank as one of the worst ever centre forwards in being able to control a ball,trap a ball, and beat a defender on a one to one situation.
Biased ??
For the first couple of years I supported this lad more than most and was always prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.Unfortunately he has not progressed and I firmly believe that he will not progress any further,
Sorry Edin.You need to be moved on and I thank you for the past 3+ years.

WTF Some of people here are helpless.

As I said,we have to move on with better players,irrespective of what Edin has done in the past.
I take it you are not a City fan but a Dzeko fan ?

Zizi4City said:
Dribble said:
Matt the Giant said:
Sorry folks, I haven't had the time to follow this story; but what exactly is going in? Is there an actual attempt from a club to sign Edin from us? Which club?
A rumour started in the Stoke Sentinel, that Stoke City may try a cheeky bid for Dzeko on loan until the end of the season. It was a comment piece that was pure shit speculation, but unbelievably it was picked up by the usual crap internet publications like Sports Mole, Sports Vibe, The Star and Express and all of a sudden its taken on a life of its own with the Stoke Sentinel now claiming the Stoke City board are looking at long-term and short-term player options with no specific names mentioned.

Whilst I don't think Dzeko's style suits us and a move away would probably suit us, I can't see him considering Stoke with all due respect. I think a more likely destination would be Germany, Spain or Italy. I'd swap him for Lacazette in a heart beat if he's as good as some are saying.

One question I'd ask of those who think we should keep Dzeko: If Dzeko was at another club and performing as he has/is for City, would we be in for him and how many fans would want him here?

As far as I know Dzeko was injured most of this season. Based on his performance at the end of the last season and the fact that his goals won you the league, hell yes, I'm sure that many fans want to keep him here!
Thanks for answering my question, but please allow me to clarify the main thrust of it and I also apologise in advance if this wasn't clearly apparent. Last season we had (imho) by far the strongest squad in the league albeit we had major issues with injured strikers.

I don't think for one minute any one player won us the league last season as I saw it more of a collective effort from top to bottom ably assisted by Liverpool's Devon Lock style collapse. So taking all of that into consideration, if Dzeko performances and goals for us over the last four years had been at Juventus, Dortmund or Athletico for arguments sake, based soley on this criteria, do you still think City would be in for him, would the vast majority of our fans want him here and would his style suit us?

Of course almost no one would want to sign him if he was at another club, mainly due to his inconsistency and woeful control.

No doubt he has been a good player for us, and I do 'like' him as a player - but if you couldn't imagine a competitor looking to buy him off us then surely its time to consider our options and maybe move him on.....otherwise how will we move on up as a team?

bluecityste said:
Of course almost no one would want to sign him if he was at another club, mainly due to his inconsistency and woeful control.

No doubt he has been a good player for us, and I do 'like' him as a player - but if you couldn't imagine a competitor looking to buy him off us then surely its time to consider our options and maybe move him on.....otherwise how will we move on up as a team?

Blue Mooners might find this a tad arrogant but I honestly feel we are now at another level than the team we were 12/36 months ago.

I don't think he will be sold this January but I think he will leave in the summer.

I think City are looking to partly rebuild and refresh the squad up and with that I think the likes of Sinclair, Boyata etc... will be moved on, but also bigger name players such as Dzeko, Jovetic, Kolarov and Nastasic.

Dzeko is a decent stiker but he isn't irreplaceable and I do think we can upgrade on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.