Dzeko

Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko was the best strike force ever assembled in the Premier League. And possibly second only to Messi, Suarez and Neymar as the best ever in club football.

I fucking can! 4 goals in 24 games - That's how many goals he had in 14/15 the day Bony made his debut. Half of them were against Sheffield Wednesday.

He finished the season with 6 in 32. Absolutely pathetic showing from any striker - worse than Bony last season.

And last year people were laughing at Roma for spending €20m on him because he was so bad for them.

I like Edin, I'm glad he's finally doing well, although I suspect this is just another one of his hot streaks and he'll go on a barren run soon.

As far as I can remember he was injured at the beginning of the season and then Bony was brought in to replace him, it was obvious the club didn't want to keep him.
He lacked motivation, when he's full of confidence like in Rome this season there's no stopping him, but when he feels unwanted he's shit :D
Last year he was getting accustomed to the new league, he went through the same thing with us, first season shit, second was good.
I'm glad for him and still feel bringing Bony was a mistake. We lost Dzeko and gained nothing...

As far as I can remember he was injured at the beginning of the season then and Bony was brought in to replace him, it was obvious the club didn't want to keep him.
He lacked motivation, when he's full of confidence like in Rome this season there's no stopping him, but when he feels unwanted he's shit :D
Last year he was getting accustomed to the new league, he went through the same thing with us, first season shit, second was good.
I'm glad for him and still feel bringing Bony was a mistake. We lost Dzeko and gained nothing...

Bony was brought in to replace Negredo.

Dzeko, Jovetic and Bony being so wank made Pellegrini go 4231 because the 3 of them were so shit they didn't deserve to be in the team.

I fucking can! 4 goals in 24 games - That's how many goals he had in 14/15 the day Bony made his debut. Half of them were against Sheffield Wednesday.

He finished the season with 6 in 32. Absolutely pathetic showing from any striker - worse than Bony last season.

And last year people were laughing at Roma for spending €20m on him because he was so bad for them.

I like Edin, I'm glad he's finally doing well, although I suspect this is just another one of his hot streaks and he'll go on a barren run soon.

Spot on.

Whatever anyone says about Dzeko, City fans must never forget that in May 2012, that amazing result was not down to Aguero alone - there were a number of factors (some quite odd) which meant the commentator (forget his name) was right when he said ".....we will never see the like of this again!"

i) Barton behaved like a total twerp - which got us those extra minutes that were needed, but also delayed the game in relation to the other significant matches which helped - see number (v) below.

ii) Dzeko scored the header - which is why I'm stating we must never forget him, ever.

iii) Ballotelli got an assist, some have said his only one that season ! (is that right?)

iv) Agerooooooooooooooooooooooooo

v) And this is key - QPR got a message from the sidelines, that they were 'safe' no matter what happened in the final few minutes, so instead of the usual delaying tactics and playing it into the corner, they just played normally - in no way am I taking anything away from the wonderful occurrence - by the way.

The combination of all of these factors meant we then had the wonderful feeling of not only winning the league after such a long break (I was 9 months old the previous time) but the cameras switched to Utd. (GPS and Wooney etc.) looking in disbelief as they heard what had happened. This made it even better, I'm sure all agree?

I was actually thinking about this just last night. Not for the 1st time since 2012, we had gone into injury time needing an equalizer or a winner. As usual, the commentator mentioned the Aguero thing (as he was on the pitch I guess), as usual, I saw 4 mins extra and told myself that we can do it, we have history on our side. Then Utd. got it in the corner and started doing what teams normally do to protect a situation and I knew then it was game over.

So Dzeko was a big part of the most amazing 6 minutes in my life - the most amazing 6 minutes in City/footballing history, please don't forget that - especially you younguns, who don't remember the period 1976-2011, which I do.

Love Dzeko, he'll do great this season. Shame he was just so inconsistent for us.

97574318_Edin_224672c.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.