Dzeko

Also, him scoring that 'perfect hat trick' against Spurs was so good.

Whatever anyone says about Dzeko, City fans must never forget that in May 2012, that amazing result was not down to Aguero alone - there were a number of factors (some quite odd) which meant the commentator (forget his name) was right when he said ".....we will never see the like of this again!"

i) Barton behaved like a total twerp - which got us those extra minutes that were needed, but also delayed the game in relation to the other significant matches which helped - see number (v) below.

ii) Dzeko scored the header - which is why I'm stating we must never forget him, ever.

iii) Ballotelli got an assist, some have said his only one that season ! (is that right?)

iv) Agerooooooooooooooooooooooooo

v) And this is key - QPR got a message from the sidelines, that they were 'safe' no matter what happened in the final few minutes, so instead of the usual delaying tactics and playing it into the corner, they just played normally - in no way am I taking anything away from the wonderful occurrence - by the way.

The combination of all of these factors meant we then had the wonderful feeling of not only winning the league after such a long break (I was 9 months old the previous time) but the cameras switched to Utd. (GPS and Wooney etc.) looking in disbelief as they heard what had happened. This made it even better, I'm sure all agree?

I was actually thinking about this just last night. Not for the 1st time since 2012, we had gone into injury time needing an equalizer or a winner. As usual, the commentator mentioned the Aguero thing (as he was on the pitch I guess), as usual, I saw 4 mins extra and told myself that we can do it, we have history on our side. Then Utd. got it in the corner and started doing what teams normally do to protect a situation and I knew then it was game over.

So Dzeko was a big part of the most amazing 6 minutes in my life - the most amazing 6 minutes in City/footballing history, please don't forget that - especially you younguns, who don't remember the period 1976-2011, which I do.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say, I'm not convinced on point v.

In some videos I have seen of that wonderful moment, you can clearly see some of the QPR players beating the ground in frustration.
This tells me that the Rangers' players thought that the Agüeroooooooooo moment had relegated them.

Just my opinion, but I agree that Edin doesn't get the credit he deserves, not only for the equaliser on 13/5/12, but for his whole contribution to the Blue cause during his time at Etihad.

In some videos I have seen of that wonderful moment, you can clearly see some of the QPR players beating the ground in frustration.
This tells me that the Rangers' players thought that the Agüeroooooooooo moment had relegated them.

Just my opinion.
That is true,they were told whilst we were celebrating and before the game restarted

Just my opinion, but I agree that Edin doesn't get the credit he deserves, not only for the equaliser on 13/5/12, but for his whole contribution to the Blue cause during his time at Etihad.
Some of them knew, undoubtedly. Watch the video again, closely. In the build up to the winning goal, as the ball is being carried out from the back by NDJ in midfield, Jamie Mackie (*shudder*) is jogging back. As he's doing so, he punches the air while looking backwards (from his perspective) to the QPR fans;

7:33 in the video.
He knew, I'm convinced of it. Some of their defenders didn't though. As you say, they were devastated.

I don't think the players knew,they were too busy trying to stop our sergio and several dropped to the ground in despair when he scored

I think just some of the QPR lads knew - Jamie Mackey in particular makes a 'come on!!!' motion to the away fans, so pretty sure he knew. I think Taiwo, Kenny, the captain (forgotten his name) and co didn't know.

Bony was brought in to replace Negredo.

Dzeko, Jovetic and Bony being so wank made Pellegrini go 4231 because the 3 of them were so shit they didn't deserve to be in the team.

The way I see it, it was the other way round. Pellegrini destroyed the team by switching to system with one striker despite the fact that he had 4 strikers at disposal. Aguero being number one is a no brainer, but when you have 4 attackers and use only 1 its a given that the rest will struggle with the form. Then Aguero gets injured and you're left with 3 out of form players...

Anyways, I think that in the 2013-14 title win he was the one that got us there, Aguero was out injured, Negredo disappeared, and Dzeko emerged when we need it the most.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.