Dzeko's debut

Dias? It would be nice. I don't think he's quite there as a leader, yet. Not actually sure how good his English is?
Just happy for the minute with how he's made our defence the hardest to score against in the league. What a turnaround. Boring, boring City.
Dias english is very good. Dont know about Ederson and Cancelos but all 3 are native Portugese speakers which must help communication.

10 years ago today. I remember it well. Ticket in pocket, few beers before the game, something about this player just excited me... I'm not saying I'd followed him since a youth player and had watched all his games... Just had a good feeling about this lad.

And what a player he turned out to be!

I remember chatting to some Bosnians outside the ground who were absolutely buzzing. Then sat next to two in the ground. This was 11yrs ago so we didn't have as many foreign fans about then which I remember thinking was a bit of a novelty at the time which for me just added to the anticipation.

I'd got myself a seat right at the top. Can't remember why, I didn't usually sit up with the god's, but it gave a decent MOTD style view of the action.

(From Wikipedia)
He made his debut for the club in a 4–3 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers on 15 January in which he set up Yaya Touré for the third goal of the match. Džeko marked his FA Cup debut on 30 January 2011 with the equalising goal in Manchester City's fourth round match against Notts County which ended in a 1–1 draw.
Yeah, Edin pulled the fat out of the fuckin' fire more than once for us!. Pity he's not on the books now - he'd lead Slabhead 'n Virgil a merry dance. He'd could have battered both of 'em in the same back four!

Cracking player. Made me realise that we have some very simple minded fans - the abuse he got was totally unwarranted.

For some, there always has to be a whipping boy. Doesn't bother me on here, so much, because I can always log off, and anyway I know who they are. But in the stadium it does my head in. I really think that some people have got an unresolved problem with their lives.
Criticise a player, by all means, when they've earned it, but for god's sake give credit where credit's due, when it's one of your own.

It always surprises me when I look at his 'vital statistics!' how many goals he did actually score for us.
Still clearly also has a soft spot for us when he revealed he was singing 'hey City' along to 'hey Jude' at a German Beer Festival a while back.
Edin did finally make up my mind that the family stand definitely wasn't the place for me.
During a lge cup game against Newcastle I seem to remember him missing from about a yard out, to which I responded with some fairly 'agricultural' language. To me it was just 'passion' but I got some really stunned looks from fellow attendees. My (then) 13 year old daughter did however say 'dad maybe you need to calm down a bit' to be fair!!!

Dias? It would be nice. I don't think he's quite there as a leader, yet. Not actually sure how good his English is?
Just happy for the minute with how he's made our defence the hardest to score against in the league. What a turnaround. Boring, boring City.
Well, I would never suggest he’s there yet, but Vinny wasn’t there in his first season or at 23, either.

As for a leader, even the dressing room has noticed he’s a talker and can be seen on the field organizing the defence.

Fingers crossed he can stay fit and continue in the vein in which he has begun, because he HAS TO be one of the CBs in TOTY already, even though Stones’ resurgence is the one making headlines.

A few set piece goals would go a long way in cementing his season, but like all defenders, a few slips or missed passes and he’s wearing a scarlet letter, unlike forwards who can miss 5 of every 6 chances and still look like they’re international stars!

And never consider Edin Dzeko as Captain material, as he didn’t seem like a big talker.

Last edited:
A few set piece goals would go a long way in cementing his season, but like all defenders, a few slips or missed passes and he’s wearing a scarlet letter, unlike forwards who can miss 5 of every 6 chances and still look like they’re international stars!

Made an absolutely superb last ditch sliding tackle the other night against Brighton. That'll do me.
Anyway, well er… this thread's supposed to be about Edin, isn't it? We're both of us off topic. Surprised no mods have been in to ask us to move along…

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.