e-bikes

BlueMoonRisin’

Anyone got an e-bike? If so what kind is it and what kind of riding are you doing?

I'm thinking of buying a decent e-bike as my knees aren't what they were. I'm also interested in going on rides out along trails bridle and canal paths and going bikepacking. I'll be 60 next April so i can get a senior Railcard and really get out and explore the UK and Ireland. If I get into e-biking i may even sell my car as I don't use it that much nowadays.

My first bikepacking trip will be cycling the 97 mile Cheshire ring of the Ashton Canal, Peak Forest Canal, Macclesfield Canal, Trent and Mersey Canal, Bridgewater Canal and Rochdale Canal. I'd also like to cycle the Badger Divide which is a 210 mile ride from Inverness to Glasgow. I've watched a few YouTube vlogs on it and the scenery looks stunning but It's a demanding ride with plenty of climbs, hence me thinking I'll be ok tackling it on an e- bike.

Fuck e-bikes. Get one of these mate:

D068B3AF-71C2-4147-AB95-0539E0BB3520.jpg

As per our chat in the Waldorf, we have a couple of these https://gocycle.com/
Superb design (ex Maclaren guy apparently), though software needs a bit of work.
Folds to hardly anything due to only having single fork.
Has a boost button which basically powers you without pedalling.
You can get a bike rack and panniers.

Not cheap.

I’m sure you’ll get a load more ideas.

Looked into them, way overpriced for what they are. The initial boost you get from setting off is nice but above 15mph you don't really notice it. Great for beginners, so-so for experienced riders and not worth the + £2000 cost (do not buy them cheap).

Avoid front hubs, they're death traps, mid-hubs are the most expensive but the most efficient and never, ever charge the battery unaccompanied.

Anyone got an e-bike? If so what kind is it and what kind of riding are you doing?

I'm thinking of buying a decent e-bike as my knees aren't what they were. I'm also interested in going on rides out along trails bridle and canal paths and going bikepacking. I'll be 60 next April so i can get a senior Railcard and really get out and explore the UK and Ireland. If I get into e-biking i may even sell my car as I don't use it that much nowadays.

My first bikepacking trip will be cycling the 97 mile Cheshire ring of the Ashton Canal, Peak Forest Canal, Macclesfield Canal, Trent and Mersey Canal, Bridgewater Canal and Rochdale Canal. I'd also like to cycle the Badger Divide which is a 210 mile ride from Inverness to Glasgow. I've watched a few YouTube vlogs on it and the scenery looks stunning but It's a demanding ride with plenty of climbs, hence me thinking I'll be ok tackling it on an e- bike.
Do gentle proper cycling and stuff to build your quads and hammies up and your knees will be loads better

Aaaz7SlCQAACavr.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.