e-bikes

I bought the Cube Nature Hybrid 500 All Road bike in 2021 and it has been very good.
The boost is very handy when going uphill.
Otherwise, I use mainly the eco mode on flat.
I use the tour mode when riding on roads with uneven surfaces or when I'm a bit lazy.
That's good to know. What kind of range are you getting from the battery before recharging?

Uk roads have become a mixture of wacky races and mad max. Glad I'm a bus wanker

It is a wonder there are not a lot more accidents with ebikes or normal push bikes.
These delivery guys are an accident waiting to happen.
They just travel anyway they fancy.
Traffic lights,main roads,pavements they show no consideration to any others.
Madness.Add in the electric scooters to the mix as well.

We bought a couple of ebikes two years ago, but then we realized we wern't getting any real exercise so sold em both, now back to normal bikes.

They're ok for commuting on I suppose. But I don't commute anymore.

Anyone got an e-bike? If so what kind is it and what kind of riding are you doing?

I'm thinking of buying a decent e-bike as my knees aren't what they were. I'm also interested in going on rides out along trails bridle and canal paths and going bikepacking. I'll be 60 next April so i can get a senior Railcard and really get out and explore the UK and Ireland. If I get into e-biking i may even sell my car as I don't use it that much nowadays.

My first bikepacking trip will be cycling the 97 mile Cheshire ring of the Ashton Canal, Peak Forest Canal, Macclesfield Canal, Trent and Mersey Canal, Bridgewater Canal and Rochdale Canal. I'd also like to cycle the Badger Divide which is a 210 mile ride from Inverness to Glasgow. I've watched a few YouTube vlogs on it and the scenery looks stunning but It's a demanding ride with plenty of climbs, hence me thinking I'll be ok tackling it on an e- bike.
Got a haibike allmtn 5.
Full suspension absolutely love it.
Ride up mam tor and back down again.
Had it two years now done 3000 miles on it.
One bad thing is you do go through parts quicker than a normal bike.
Two chains.
One rear derailleur.
Two crank arms.
Two pedals.
Rear brake .
But it's great fun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.