Earliest City crowd song?

'Sheikh Mansour went to Spain'

Took us 3 whole years of existance to come up with a song.

The 1930's lot can carry a tune a lot better. Sounds like a choir rendition!
One of my pet hates at the footy these days is the incessant hammering out of completely out of tune shouting like they’re trying to bellow their lungs out of their mouths.

I don’t remember it ever being like that years ago.

Just sing, in tune, it’s not hard. This many people can’t be this tone deaf, surely?

‘Blue Moon’ sounds bobbins these days, sounds like dogs barking at an overcrowded kennels.

I can remember going to a game in the late sixties, on arriving on the kippax someone was handing out a song sheet with a list of City songs on it , anyone else remember that. I can remember one of the songs,
To the tune of Once in Royal David's City

Once in Royal Manchester City
Stood a stand called Kippax Street
Where the fans they sang and chanted
Just to see Colin Bells feet
Summerbee upon the wing
You can hear the City fans sing
City City City act.
Not quite the same thing but can remember lads walking through the passage to the Kippax with poetry like '10 minutes after the half time break, a Heslop header, it was a piece of cake" reference to the 3-1 derby win in 68. Was junior school age myself and hung on every word !

seem to remember somewhere back of my mind something called ON THE BALL CITY but can't remember anything else about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.