Earliest City match attended by a forum member

He was only 15 when he played that evening also started at centre forward,played in lots of different positions in his early days then found his true spot number 3 left back.

I was at that game, an abysmal capitulation resulting in a 4-1 defeat to a not very good Birmingham side. Pardoe played in every position except goal and centre half before Joe and Malcolm slotted him in at left back where he was a resounding success.

Spurs at mine road quarters of fa Cup lost 4.2 nayim hatrick phelan scored a length of pitch effort someone run on pitch and ripped season ticket up haha

Aw. Tony Doyle that's fantastic. Tear to my eye. I remember 62/63 first game of season City were away at Wolves who were good then. Mam and Dad took us on holiday to Bispham on the Saturday. I was desperate to know the scores so went to Bloomfield road to watch Blackpool reserves v Everton reserves just so I could get the half time scores. I think 3 nil to Wolves at half time. I was late getting back to the boarding house for tea and asked my dad for final score. Lost8-1and therefore got a bloody good clip round the ear from my Dad. I think Frank Ifield was at no1 then. We love you City, we do.

First appearance at Maine Rd was for the 1964 Youth Cup semi-final first leg against the rags, we lost 3-4 I think, both of Tommy Doyle's grandads played for City that night. I went to some reserves games after that but didn't get to see a first team game until March 5th 1966, FA Cup 5th round against Leicester, went behind twice but Neil Young scored both equalisers, 56,000 there and that was me hooked for life. (Fuck, that's 54 years on Thursday, where did my life go!!).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.