Early Doors

Just finished season 1. Outstanding TV, anyone know where I can watch season 2 or if BBC plan to run it. Cheers - To the regiment

Bloody hell, watched the 6pm news on ITV (1pm here) then nipped out for a while and left the telly on.
Came back in and Emerdale was on. Have never watched it.... went over to pick the remote up and Tanya is on my TV screen looking all Tanya-ly!
Carried on watching and she didn't re-appear....
How long has she been in it and should I start watching it?

Just got in from work settling down to watch a few episodes on catch up.been waiting ages for this to be re-run . Something about Manchester observational comedy you can’t beat. Probably because it’s very close to home and we’ve all come across these characters in life.
Could be a documentary rather than a sit com.
As someone who lived in Manchester for over 40 years, I would say the sense of humour is dry, droll and understated.
Craig Cash sounds as if he cannot be arsed as Dave in The Royle Family, but has some great one-liners.
In Early Doors, Ken (the landlord) is the central character, but also has some great sarcastic put-downs.
Yes, there are some mainstream Mancunian comedians/characters e.g. Jason Manford. But, I feel that the miserable delivery of Bernard Manning (not necessarily the content, mind) is more typical.
It's remarkable how different the sense of humour is between Manchester and Liverpool...

It is absolutely almost perfect TV and I can't believe it is 20 years old. About 4 year ago my friend and I went to see the stage show in Leeds - also brilliant, does anyone know if they ever released a DVD of that - I would love to see it (we were quite near the back). Some of the cast were different but it was still v. good & I suppose that was to be expected after like 15-16 years.

Where has that time gone?

It hit home to me tonight as I watched one of the old ones on iPlayer. Tanya was taking the pi$$ out of Tommy for being a lifelong fan of Man City (never missed a home game in 50 years) and I suppose in 2003 she had a point!

P.S. I wonder if Frey Bentos ever paid for 'product placement'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.