Early Doors

Champing at the bit at the weekends for new episodes of series 2 to drop.
Can’t believe that’s all they ever did.

Pickles.

Could they do a new series now? Are there many corner local pubs left now? I don't think that the younger generation would/could relate to the setting....sadly:-(

It is absolutely almost perfect TV and I can't believe it is 20 years old. About 4 year ago my friend and I went to see the stage show in Leeds - also brilliant, does anyone know if they ever released a DVD of that - I would love to see it (we were quite near the back). Some of the cast were different but it was still v. good & I suppose that was to be expected after like 15-16 years.

Where has that time gone?

It hit home to me tonight as I watched one of the old ones on iPlayer. Tanya was taking the pi$$ out of Tommy for being a lifelong fan of Man City (never missed a home game in 50 years) and I suppose in 2003 she had a point!

P.S. I wonder if Frey Bentos ever paid for 'product placement'.

Champing at the bit at the weekends for new episodes of series 2 to drop.
Can’t believe that’s all they ever did.

Pickles.
The best British sitcoms are those that only did 2 series / 6 episodes each
Fawlty Towers
The Young Ones
The Office
Early Doors

Fools and Horses being an honorable exception.
That Yank version of The Office had 100 episodes. many of which were just too dragged out.

The best British sitcoms are those that only did 2 series / 6 episodes each
Fawlty Towers
The Young Ones
The Office
Early Doors

Fools and Horses being an honorable exception.
That Yank version of The Office had 100 episodes. many of which were just too dragged out.

Funny you should say that because I read this today:

I hope he doesn't trash his legacy, I think if the BBC allow it, he could make much comedy out of the modern world and wokery - which I know Cleese has views on, but I fear he maybe just too old to do this well, I would prefer it if he just wrote the show and got a younger actor for the Basil Fawlty role. But like I said - how far will he be allowed to go? I mean the episode about the Germans ("Don't mention the war") couldn't be made in this day and age and there were other things too - like the abuse he gave to Manuel - that would just not be permitted.

As regards Only Fools, well yes there were many good series, but I prefer the first few to be honest. Once Rodney got together with Cassandra and Del with Raquel they weren't quite the saddos that we laughed at so much in the early days. Plus, in the early 80s with some black hair dye, it was believeable that Del was Rodneys older brother - but as David Jason physically aged whilst Rodders stayed essentially looking the same, that 'relationship' didn't look right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.