Early Doors

Very similar comedy to the Royle family
recording the series,just watched the first two again and the credits at the end give thanks to amongst others Caroline Aherne and Peter Kay. Real northern comedy royalty. This show went under the radar at the time for most not in the north west,hope more now see it for the comedy genius that it was.

Very frustrating that this is only available one episode at a time by the looks of things. Does though set up my Sunday mornings for the next 9 weeks.

The character I most identify with is Tommy - except I don't smoke.....

And that blue haze over Eddie and Joan's table.....yuck.

And let's not forget the chat between Ken's ma and Winnie - pure Les Dawson observational comedy

The sweary phonetics on the walkie talkie as the plod leave is a nice little touch.

This is brilliant. I love 'I'll stop on mi own' Tommy. And them 2 coppers(even though ones a dirty Rag who compares at the pallet shed) I'd forgotten how good it is. Loads of references to City too, well, Cash is a massive blue so why not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.