Early thoughts on City and the Premier League

I think we'll compete but probably fall a little short this season. A top striker would have made us untouchable for at least the next 2 seasons in my opinion.

I feel we look a bit soft. Chelsea in particular have a really aggressive look about them and can go very direct as and when is needed. We have some fantastic players though that'll do very well but in the tight games against the other sides that are expected to mount a title challenge a proper ruthless and aggressive striker would have been a brilliant addition to this unbelievably talented squad of players.

We'll see some breath taking football at times with Foden, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, Torres and Grealish but De Bruyne aside I don't see the experience/knowhow or the required aggression that'll be needed to win the crucial matches against Chelsea, Liverpool or ManUre. In centre midfield we look classy but I question whether we'll stand up to a side that looks to put it about a bit. I might be wrong and our players might be a lot tougher than I think but, my biggest concern is that we'll be fantastic against the sides that are intimidated by our class as a team but, against a side that will be hell bent on making life very difficult for us on the ball, we might struggle, especially if they have very good counter attacking players.

I think Grealish could go missing in big games this season, however I feel it's understandable in his 1st season. The lad has never played champions league games, in big potentially title deciding games or even a big Derby game so it's difficult to gauge how he's going to be in these types of games. If he has a stinker, the press are going to be all over him too with him costing 100 million.

Overall I'd personally be very happy with a cup and finishing above those red twats.
If we do manage to win the league it'd be a monumental achievement, possibly the best ever. I'll still be dreaming that we can do it that's for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.