Easy Meals For Uni?

If you really don't know anything about cooking then this book is brilliant. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Boil-Egg-Jan-Arkless/dp/0716022206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Boil-Egg-Ja ... 0716022206</a>

It's only small but it has loads of really cheap and easy recipes and tells you how to do everything including chop veg, what to get in a store cupboard so you have stuff to hand and how to cook on a budget. I think the author originally wrote it when one of their kids went off to uni.

I reckon it would do the job for you especially as you burn your microwave curry ;)

BigJimLittleJim said:
Finally, eat some fucking fruit, it won't kill you :)

Probably not, but I never considered it a risk worth taking.
Unless it was fermented or distilled into some form of alcohol.
Ditto vegetables.
Stick to the humble potato, and don't be tempted by those brightly coloured rivals such as carrots and greens.

Buy a George Foreman grill a toaster and some HP sauce and butter.

bacon2.jpg

If you want something fancy Google some George Foreman recipes there's some nice stuff you can make.

Note: Best thing about the George foreman is you really do only need to use a wet cloth to clean it. Which is ideal for lazy scruffy students that have no idea how to keep stuff clean because mumies always done it for them.

Challenger1978 said:

bacon2.jpg

If you want something fancy Google some George Foreman recipes there's some nice stuff you can make.

Note: Best thing about the George foreman is you really do only need to use a wet cloth to clean it. Which is ideal for lazy scruffy students that have no idea how to keep stuff clean because mumies always done it for them.
I must have a Chinese version cause it takes more than a cloth to clean it.

Right mate, just got back from the shop and it was cheap. You can eat decent and clean (barring the pizza which I've just bunged in for kick off) at a decent price. Sure it's not everything, I've still got loads of cereal, oats, brown rice, pasta, bread, tuna, baked beans, veg and fruit left over so I didn't need to buy any of that so I've only topped up my stock of meat and milk. But you'll never need to buy most of that weekly anyway. Got a load of chicken breasts and tuna steaks in now, as well as mince so I'll be set for this week (as I said, I've topped up my existing stock with a packet/bag of each). Keep in mind that I'll be eating a shit ton more than you probably will be so you won't need to be 'topping up', you could make the mince, chicken and tuna last for two weeks, maybe three if you're smart (stews, chili etc) however as I'm starting to bulk I pretty much eat that and then some.

2lm1e9j.jpg

As I'm writing this I've just realised I've forgotten my jam ffs. I'll need to head over to the corner shop, not about the protein oats without jam.

Blue Smarties said:
Right mate, just got back from the shop and it was cheap. You can eat decent and clean (barring the pizza which I've just bunged in for kick off) at a decent price. Sure it's not everything, I've still got loads of cereal, oats, brown rice, pasta, bread, tuna, baked beans, veg and fruit left over so I didn't need to buy any of that so I've only topped up my stock of meat and milk. But you'll never need to buy most of that weekly anyway. Got a load of chicken breasts and tuna steaks in now, as well as mince so I'll be set for this week (as I said, I've topped up my existing stock with a packet/bag of each). Keep in mind that I'll be eating a shit ton more than you probably will be so you won't need to be 'topping up', you could make the mince, chicken and tuna last for two weeks, maybe three if you're smart (stews, chili etc) however as I'm starting to bulk I pretty much eat that and then some.

2lm1e9j.jpg

As I'm writing this I've just realised I've forgotten my jam ffs. I'll need to head over to the corner shop, not about the protein oats without jam.

No White Lightning?

Blue Smarties said:

2lm1e9j.jpg

Looks good mate, I can handle that price comfortably. Not sure what shops are around until i do a visit day but hoping for an aldi or a lidl.

mac said:
Challenger1978 said:

bacon2.jpg

I must have a Chinese version cause it takes more than a cloth to clean it.

Clean it while its still turned on literally straight after you've used it to make something to eat (don't eat the food first). You just wipe it once or twice with a damp/wet cloth and it comes up spotless. Its when you turn it of and then let it cool down that it becomes a right bastard to clean.

zabman92 said:
Sparkys-Army said:
Right, i got accepted into university today which i'm thrilled about. Fucking over the moon.

As there is a bit of a wait, i thought i'd do some early research, get ideas to save time nearer September and i'm thinking i'll need some cheap basic meals to keep me going whilst i'm alone.
I'm assuming Pasta in a sauce is near the top of my list, anything else recommended?

Ta.

Woops
here's the 'cookbook' link
<a class="postlink" href="http://static1.beanscdn.co.uk/assets/external/download/Studentbeans-RecipeBook.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://static1.beanscdn.co.uk/assets/ex ... peBook.pdf</a>

Cheers :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.