Easy Meals For Uni?

Chilli con carne

Mince
carrots
mushroom
peppers
sauce

add rice to make it go further

Spag bol (see above but with pasta rather than rice)

add anything else you fancy, celery, other veg, beans etc

Pasta bake - pasta and sauce with cheese melted on top (I add sausages to fill it out)

diced beef casserole - diced beef, veg of you choosing, tin of potatoes, again add rice to make it go further

chicken casserole (as above)

sweet and sour pork - buy jar of sauce, diced pork, carrots, onion and I add noodles to this

all easy to make and cheap

Most jars or packets of sauce will have recipe and ingredients on back

<a class="postlink" href="http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipes/recipe-type.aspx?o_is=TopNav_1_Dish+type" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipes/recipe- ... _Dish+type</a>

as you get used to it you will be able to add more of what you like. I make all of the above and as others have said freeze them then they do me during the week

quesadilla, easy dinner.
Just get a large tortilla put it in a pan on one half put cheese and jalapeños fold the tortilla and fry till cheese is melted.
You can add extra still you happen to have in.

BigJimLittleJim said:
underneath the sky said:
Just get a Hollands meat and potato pie and a tin of goods peas and you have got it cracked pie and peas mmmmmm

My mate used to buy those Fray Bentos tinned pies from the all night Esso garage on the way home from the pub - fucking minger.
Mmmmmmm brought up on them, fookin awful lids to get off though, cut your fingers to ribbons

Demae Ramen brand instant noodles (chicken or prawn flavour) from chinatown for 3 meals per day. Nice big cups of strong sugary tea, plenty of spliffs, and the odd kebab / curry when starving and 3 years at uni will fly by.

blue underpants said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
underneath the sky said:
Just get a Hollands meat and potato pie and a tin of goods peas and you have got it cracked pie and peas mmmmmm

My mate used to buy those Fray Bentos tinned pies from the all night Esso garage on the way home from the pub - fucking minger.
Mmmmmmm brought up on them, fookin awful lids to get off though, cut your fingers to ribbons

Shit. I just realised I eat like a student at times.

Mr Frey Bentos, a can of beans and salt & pepper. Hmmmmmmmm. I'm more Marty than Frazier Crane I guess.

PS go late to your local market for veg.

pominoz said:
Invest in a crock pot, put meat and veggies in before you leave for the day and cook on low all day, when you get in dinner is ready.

<a class="postlink" href="http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm</a>

Was going to suggest exactly this. Although I never did uni I did live on my own on numerous occasions. My slow cooker gout used probably 3 or 4 times a week. So easy, quick and cheap!

For example, get some cheap stewing steak (cheap as you like, because it's being cooked all day the meat will still melt in your mouth), whatever veg you like, stock cube, salt n pepper, sling it all in the slow cooker first thing and you got stew when you get home. Then you just get more adventurous, garlic, chilli, paprika etc etc etc

Andyhinch is right, pork is just about the cheapest meat out there at the moment.

Tip: Late opening supermarkets often move the stuff approaching it's best before date to the bargain shelf when they are stocking up at the end of the day, so the best stuff off the bargain shelf is usually found first thing in the morning.

That's unless it's bread, which is usually cheaper at the end of the day and makes little difference if you are only using it for toast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.